Ryanair: service enhancements

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

• TominScotland
    Participant

I have flown 3 sectors with Ryanair over the past few days, vis.

Glasgow – Stansted for leisure, 06.50 flight on a Saturday @ £23.99 single. Seat 33F, last row window so quite good for a rapid rear exit

Glasgow – Dublin for business, day trip @ £19.98 return. Outbound in 15F (window) and ended up with the row to myself; return in 26E (middle seat but close to the back exit).

All these tickets were booked 7 – 10 days in advance of travel.

I chose not to buy any add-ons – luggage, priority boarding, seat selection, catering so my costs were exactly as above. So that will undoubtedly have coloured by evaluation of the experiences.

Two of the flights were early, one just a couple of minutes late. The Stansted flight was absolutely full and I was a good 30 years older that 95% of the passengers!!

Ryanair service is functional and lacks common sense at times – actively trying to sell morning editions of the Irish Independent on a late evening flight was bizarre. There were quite a few ‘suits’ on the Dublin flights, a response to Ryanair’s attempts to woo the business sector but in some ways they just do not get it. Boarding the Dublin outbound, all passengers (including those who had paid for priority) queued on the steps down to the tarmac (as is normal with Ryanair and then were allowed out to the steps of the plane where we waited for about 10 minutes – in pouring rain!! Is that the way to treat any, let along your premium, passengers??

On the plus side with Ryanair are price, price, price (Aer Lingus would have cost me about £150 return) plus time-keeping, a much more relaxed attitude to cabin baggage than was the case in the past.

On the down side, unimaginative service, excessive selling, multiple queuing opportunities en route to the aircraft.

Would I fly Ryanair again?: Yes, absolutely, especially at the prices I paid for very short flights

Would I recommend Ryanair to friends:? – probably not if I wanted to keep my friends!! – yes, of course, treat it as a bus and there is no problem on a short flight.

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

For those interested Ryanair is holding a Twitter Q&A on its plans for connecting services, and other service enhancements including the expansion of the MyRyanair programme. Starts at 1pm today.

And here’s the piece we published yesterday:

Ryanair outlines connecting service plans

Flightlevel
    Participant

Only good news for customers and more competition for the majors ‘though does Ryanair realise the costs involved in transfers,etc. and liabilities for delayed pax, or bags, co – ordinating with other airlines isn’t just a simple add on service?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=801122]Only good news for customers and more competition for the majors ‘though does Ryanair realise the costs involved in transfers,etc. and liabilities for delayed pax, or bags, co – ordinating with other airlines isn’t just a simple add on service?

[/quote]

I believe that they do and that is one of the reasons why it has taken them so long to make this decision.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls