Ryanair online check-in fee

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

fastenseatbelts
    Participant

I’m sure i’m not the first to query this, but is Ryanair really allowed to be charging everyone to check in online?

As far as i can make out, you can no longer check in at the airport (as of October 25), and therefore have to check in online, which will cost you £5 per person per flight.

Given that there is no way around it, surely this cost should be added to the upfront cost of the flight? Wasn’t there an EU ruling about this?

They do have an exception that the charge is waived on promotional fares, so maybe this is somehow covering them in law?

I don’t have an issue with Ryanair trying to make money out of people by offering other services such as insurance, or even extortionate checked baggage fees, as these are all optional. But when you have no choice but to pay the charge, surely it is part of the cost of the flight?

JackyLek
    Participant

There is no law for this, since is already state in the booking term, just as the payment fee. Ryanair is good only if you have time, no luggage, get the ticket for nothing, the airport is near your house or destination and you can control your temper. Im based in Scandinavia and if I had use Ryanair and check-in my luggage, is more expensive then Norwegian, who is also a low fare company but use the big airport and being more service for customer.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls