Ryanair closes Glasgow base

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=855548]

My cheapest ever air fare was MAN-LHR with BEA on a Super 1-11 in 1970. It was a youth stand-by ticket which cost £2.50.

Morning Alex, may I take the liberty of correcting you? In 1970 you would have paid £2 10s! Ah for those days again ?[/quote]

When an Airfix Sunderland flying boat model could be had for 19s/11 1/2d 🙂 (until July 1969, so nearly).

GivingupBA
    Participant

[quote quote=855301]
    My cheapest ever air fare was MAN-LHR with BEA on a Super 1-11 in 1970. It was a youth stand-by ticket which cost £2.50.[/quote]

Of course £2.50 in 1970 is £38 today according to my inflation calculator, still, not bad… I hated standby, though.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=855598]

My cheapest ever air fare was MAN-LHR with BEA on a Super 1-11 in 1970. It was a youth stand-by ticket which cost £2.50.

Of course £2.50 in 1970 is £38 today according to my inflation calculator, still, not bad… I hated standby, though.[/quote]

Just out of interest and depending how you with to assess it, the current value of £2s10 could range from 31.62 to £86.72.

https://www.measuringworth.com/ukcompare/relativevalue.php

Worth a quick look if you have 2 mins spare time.

GivingupBA
    Participant

Thanks for the link, FDOS_UK, that’s interesting and useful. And I had no idea that such a wide range of calculations was possible.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

You’re welcome – I did a ‘A’ Level in Economics, for my sins and had to look at this type of stuff 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls