Ryanair and Brexit

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

• FDOS_UK
    Participant

PhilipHart

It is not for you or any other poster to decide what should be ‘nipped in the bud’, that is an editorial decision for BT.

I’ve reported your post and will now step back and leave BT to decide what, if any, action is appropriate for this thread.

PhilipHart
    Participant

@FDOS_UK Many thanks for your gallant action; I’m sure other members will appreciate and applaud your rectitude.

I will await BT’s decision with interest.

WillieWelsh
    Participant

[quote quote=800790]So I would be immensely grateful if you would take your spiteful hate elsewhere.

[/quote]

Perhaps you would be good enough to practice what you preach?

Oh, I forgot, Brexiters can only spew bile and hatred to people who have a different point of view.

My point of view is so different that Mrs W and I have left the failing UK and now live in Germany. Do your worst, I’ll have the last laugh.

PhilipHart
    Participant

@WillieWelsh, you are perfectly entitled to your opinion; as of course I am to mine.

But to describe it as “spewing bile”, is perhaps a little bit over-dramatic, and certainly immoderate. Please be careful or @FDOS_UK will dob you in to the BT moderators.

Regarding your move to Germany and having the last laugh, let’s wait and see shall we! Meanwhile I guess you will now want to refrain from commenting on any UK/Brexit issues. Or is that too big an expectation on my part?

Edski777
    Participant

Isn’t it about time that the moderator steps in and end this discussion or at least scraps some of the posts? I believe that what was once a serious business travel forum is now rapidly a place where anyone objecting to the views of two posters can be repeatedly bashed and insulted.
    Calling names and showing intolerance in an uncivilised manner should have no place here.
    I had hoped this had ended with the farewell to VK, but Brexit seems to bring out the worst in some of us.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Truth is no one knows, nor can anyone tell, what will happen in 2/3/4/5 years time. Maybe Britain will be booming, maybe it will be bust or maybe we’ll be carrying on just fine. Maybe the EU will disintigrate or maybe it will expand to 30+ members? Who knows – yet!

PhilipHart
    Participant

@LuganoPirate You are absolutely right; none of us knows what will happen in the next second, let alone years down the road.

I think we can all learn a lesson from Baz Luhrmann!

Flightlevel
    Participant

A personal view is irrelevant, we can discuss the business and its unlikely there will be any change in aviation because the EU needs us and Ryanair (EU biggest airline in pax) and easyjet to develop its economies as much as we need their business. UK is Ryanair’s biggest market however pax don’t just go to Ireland they travel throughout the EU.
    UK is the biggest market for champagne too, much more interesting!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Flightlevel, commenting on the business (including travel) aspect, I hope you are right.

The past 35 years has been focused on integration within Europe and now the script is going another way and the result is uncertainty. The players are not used to this dialogue or how the script plays out.

Whilst one would hope a pragmatic view would prevail, the process of disengagement has only just started and as Lugano Pirate says, no one can know what the future holds.

I’m not prosaic and certainly not a business guru, but a few years experience suggests that emotion can override rationality, people/organisations get themselves locked into sub-optimal positions, rather than constantly reviewing their interests and therein lies my concern.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls