Request for assistance – dummy booking

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)

• Anonymous

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

I am putting together a letter to BA and would really appreciate it if anyone can assist me.

The situation is that when logged onto ba.com, I don’t get a message alerting me to BA188 being a sleeper service, but when logged out, I do.

The message either appears (or not) on the ‘About Your Flight’ box on the Price Quote/Buy Travel page of the booking process.

The route is LHR-EWR and I’ve been using a departure date of 3 December, returning 4 December on BA188 and the class is Club World.

If anyone could try and see if you get the discrepancy, I’d really appreciate it, so I know whether this is a one off bizarre thing for me or whether it is a repeatable error.

Thanks

conshaldow
    Participant

Hi DoS, I got the following info in my system when selected the BA188…

“DEPARTS EWR TERMINAL B – ARRIVES LHR TERMINAL 5
    *SLEEPER SERVICE*
    ADD ADVANCE PASSENGER INFORMATION SSRS DOCA/DOCO/DOCS
    PERSONAL DATA WHICH IS PROVIDED TO US IN CONNECTION
    WITH YOUR TRAVEL MAY BE PASSED TO GOVERNMENT AUTHORITIES
    FOR BORDER CONTROL AND AVIATION SECURITY PURPOSES”

It definitely looks to be a sleeper service, considering the time i’d be suprised if it wasn’t. Why the BA website isn’t showing this when logged on is a mystery to me.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Thanks for checking, conshaldow, I’m trying to see if it is a bizarre error limited to my account (as I have tried it on more than 1 pc and the result is the same) or whether it happens to others, too.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Checked using BA again and logging in France/USA as well but still getting it on the 2nd page. But your pdf clearly didn’t show this which is bizarre.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Thanks Tim. This is really weird, as it is not just on my laptop, but have now tried it on 2 others and the error replicates.

cityprofessional
    Participant

“About Your Flights
    Operated by British Airways
    This is a Sleeper Service flight – a tailored service aimed at maximising your sleep on board
    Pre-flight supper available in the lounge”

Not sure what happened to the previous thread, but FDoS I’m surprised that you had to go without food for 17 hours. The crew will usually try and patch something together for you – what was your dietary requirement?

canucklad
    Participant

Hi FDoS

Was going to compare myself to a Polar Bear traipsing the sahara or A camel in Yellowknife. basically when it comes to computers I’m as out of place as Jo Brand at the Playboy Mansion.

However, Using my works PC i logged in just through Ba.com and there was reference albeit small to being a sleeper service.

I then tried the same flight details through the BAEC and there is no reference to sleeper service.

Furthermore, I could be wrong but the 2 totals didn’t match either !

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

The crew couldn’t do anything about it, if they could have, they would have, being a good bunch.

The onboard meals were pretty stodgy/heavy and even the breakfast fruit was high GI ( not good for me.)

I needed low carb/low sugar/low fat. In the lounge, they’d geared up for a Thanksgiving oriented evening and it was pretty heavy stuff (although it looked very tasty, I resisted the urge, knowing I had ordered a special meal.)

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Canucklad

Thanks – the totals didn’t match on mine, either.

So you and I have the same problem, but some others don’t.

It will be interesting to see what others find.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

I got similar to city professional using iPad. Interestingly, nowhere is it explicitly stated that sleeper services don’t get a main meal onboard

canucklad
    Participant

Hi FDoS

I used the same PC, and I could swear that booking through the BAEC was a couple £100’s more expensive !!

regret not writing down the details….

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Just tried for you..

Logged out – sleeper service

Logged in – no sleeper service mentioned

Incidentally, logged in was ca. £3,000 cheaper

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Thanks Martyn, that’s 3-3 at the moment.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls