Reduce to Bronze tier – not

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

• FDOS_UK
    Participant

I was fully expecting to receive a bronze card from the BAEC this month, as I had achieved less than 500 tier points in the last year.

To my surprise, a new silver card popped through my letterbox this morning.

Hardly a near miss justifying a renewal, so I wonder why BA would feel the need to keep me as silver, when (people say) they can fill tier aircraft without any problem?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Could be part of BA’s continual IT problems.. someone’s changed the Bronze command to a silver command :)))

1 user thanked author for this post.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

That’s plausible (as Mythbusters say)

WillieWelsh
    Participant

I think more like they know you are such a loyal customer who has just had a hard year and not quite made the required number of points. They are also hoping that in the face of all the cuts they’ve made that they will still retain your business 😉

My bronze card is due next month so we’ll see what happens then – not that I’ll be using either a silver or bronze BA card.

They used to be very strict on this – my brother in law was gold for 20+ years and missed it in one year by 10 points and he got silver and they wouldn’t entertain the idea of anything else.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Willie

105 points shortfall = 17.5% – hardly a near miss! Also the letter from Hillier was just the normal letter, no ‘we did you a favour….’content.

Like you, I won’t be using it much (if at all), just costed up a trip in August – TK £1,081, BA £2,018 – expect TK is in J and BA Y.

peter19
    Participant

That seems very generous of BA! I have never heard of this happening before.
    I fell short a while back and thought it was worth a cheeky email to ask and even with multiple up and coming bookings in my account they wouldn’t budge.

Handy to have kept though and even if you don’t fly with them maybe you can use it as a status match if anything comes up.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

peter19

even with multiple up and coming bookings in my account they wouldn’t budge.

I didn’t have any – I wonder if that could be the reason – trying to buy back some business?

mkcol74
    Participant

[quote quote=676090]peter19

even with multiple up and coming bookings in my account they wouldn’t budge.

I didn’t have any – I wonder if that could be the reason – trying to buy back some business?

[/quote]

That would indicate they’re being pro-active. Shurely shome mishtake.

JohnHarper
    Participant

Wow FDoS – what have you done wrong to be given a BA silver card that you haven’t earned! You must have done something very bad in the last year!

It’s almost like the old joke about the first prize in the raffle is one week in Skegness and the second prize is two weeks.

ABBA.

BugAdvisor
    Participant

I was BA Gold and didn’t earn enough TP for even Silver last year. But they sent me a Silver card for what I consider is a soft-landing. Were you Gold previously?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

No, silver, per the OP. You got a soft landing, they just kept me at the same tier level.

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Maybe it’s because of all the love, praise and support that you give them on this forum 😉 😉

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Maybe it’s because of all the love, praise and support that you give them on this forum

Could be 🙂

icenspice
    Participant

‘Return to sender’. This is my verdict.

FaroFlyer
    Participant

Normally you get a soft landing with any airline.

This year I failed to renew TAP Gold, by a long way, and was still given Silver. Likewise with Air berlin where I failed to renew Gold, but was still given Silver.

Have since realised that the BA Gold is till worth a lot with AB, and a fantastic way to use AVIOS, with AB.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls