reCaptcha on Forum

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 72 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

what with this new press till the pictures disappear game that I needed to play before being able to post …..

LuganoPirate
    Participant

[quote quote=858578]what with this new press till the pictures disappear game that I needed to play before being able to post …..[/quote]

Never seen that. I’ll see now if that happens I guess.

Anyway, despite being BA centric I still enjoy the Forum and all its eccentricities. Besides it’s nice knowing the people behind it as well as some of the posters. I like to think of it as a small and exclusive club unlike the other forums out there (which apart from the English Forum I don’t bother with) which are all rather faceless and impersonal.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

this is soooo strange… clicking on pictures in order to verify i am not a robot…

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I agree completely.

We are looking at new software for the forum – discourse was recommended to us as one possibility

I am posting from Perth and just had to fill in four captchas because of the unusual location before I could post this, so I share your frustration.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

Tom if you hang around a little longer the next set of pictures will be Aussie cricketers and you will have to choose the picturse that show ball tampering which means all of them !!

capetonianm
    Participant

Ouch, that was below the belt!

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

That’s where he hid it afterwards….

stevescoots
    Participant

BTW reCaptcha doe snot work in china so unless using the VPN, as I am now then posts cannot be made

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Been putting up with it for some time, but I’m lucky if I can get away with three screens. Just now had to go through:
    Street signs – 3 times plus multiple clicks till they go away
    Buses – 2 screens
    Store Fronts + multiple clicks
    Bycycles
    and Finally 2 screesn of cars with multiple clicks

10 Screens!!! The graphics are bad, can just about cope on my desktop but a nightmare on my tablet. I treid the voice option but it’s unintelligible.

Please Tom, can you do something???

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I will certainly try. It hits me sometimes when I am travelling, but I never understand why since I am using the same device.

capetonianm
    Participant

I’ll add my voice to those who think it is a royal PITA.

1 user thanked author for this post.

stevescoots
    Participant

it is a pain, also means unless you are using a VPN in China the recaptcha does not appear

PeterCoultas
    Participant

It may be a good system for some but to have their questionable pictures means you can waste far too much time

canucklad
    Participant

What really annoys me about reCaptcha…….

How on earth am I supposed to buy my various passports and visas, or get my University Degree from a well-respected global educational institute before I fly off to impress my new found Ukrainian girlfriend with my new well-endowed wee willie winkie.

It’s just not on …..

As an aside, why does it sometimes let me submit without clicking street signs or buses and other times not ?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

It could be that it’s detected you are somewhere new (geographically), or it might just have detected and rejected a spam attack (which we still get) and so be on a heightened security setting, or if you have the settings on your browser to clear your cache and cookies, it might not recognise you, or if you’re accessing through a VPN or… or… it could be completely random.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 72 total)
This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.
The topic ‘reCaptcha on Forum’ is closed to new replies.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls