Rebooking of redemption flights

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• LondonCB
    Participant

Don’t know if anyone will be able to help me on this.

I am flying to DC (BWI) on Saturday on a J class redemption ticket.

If Hurricane Matthew were to cause some flight disruption to the DC area, would BA insist on rebooking me onto BA metal, or would they ever be persuaded to book me on to AA metal (to Philadelphia say)?

I don’t know if they treat redemption any differently? (Thanks to my employers travel policies, I am BA blue)

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

You might find it will be down to whether there is redemption availability on a PHL flight on the day. There is inconsistency across the OW alliance when it comes to redemption tickets in general. Maybe AA would take pity on you. If not I am not sure what your options other than paying for a ticket are.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

For revenue tickets BA are allowing rebooking onto BA or AA operated flights on BA/AA flight numbers in same cabin for no charge for Florida. I’d assume they’d do this for Redemption tickets as well. For some customers in Jamaica they are allowing ticketholders (including redemption bookings) to travel back on A VS operated flight from MBJ instead of the BA flight from KIN).

So If BWI does get affected then you should be OK I think.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls