Reading material with BA

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• TominScotland
    Participant

T5 First Lounge this afternoon – plenty of copies of The Sun (for the predominantly London readership) but also adequate supplies of The Times, the ‘I’, FT and Irish Independent. Big pile of BTs as well…

AlanOrton1
    Participant

GF T5 yesterday afternoon, piles upon piles of The Sun and about 3 copies of the i, and that was it for English newspapers.
    A busy Saturday, being the start of UK school’s half term, but suspect BA’s restocking could be improved.
    (Only spotted a single copy of BT).

Over at the B lounge, a wide range of English papers and a similar amount of variety just before reaching the air bridge.

SimonS1
    Participant

I thought cost controls at BA meant that magazine selection was things like Weekend Walks in Wigan, The Afghan Shepherd and similar. And freebies like BT.

Ian
    Participant

T3 F Lounge had The Sun, The i, The Times and possibly the FT. Concorde from JFK had similar. On boarding F, the CC lady lamented about how she missed the Daily Mail, as she used to love a read of it on the way home for an overnight flight, although she couldn’t remember why they stopped supplying it. There was only one choice on board, though I cannot quite recall what it was as it didn’t appeal to me! I knew VA had fallen out with the DM but wasn’t sure about BA.

canucklad
    Participant

As an aside, flew Norwegian from EDI last week ……
    At the gate (regardless of airline) you have a choice of the following….

The Sun, The Scotsman, The Times (Scottish edition) and a few magazines including Scottish Rugby.

A few of my less experienced travelling companions were raging that they had already purchased their newspapers from WH Smith !!

Oh, and thoroughly enjoyed my flight with Norwegian, and reinforces my belief that BA can no longer call themselves a premium airline, buts that’s for another topic.

TominScotland
    Participant

Glasgow again this morning – The Times, FT, Scotsman, Herald and (a first), The Guardian – maybe as an predote (is there such a word?) or precursor to what awaits in T5!!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls