Question about check in time.

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• AnnieS7
    Participant

Hi all,
    I was 2 min late for check in with Malaysia airline yesterday (counter close one hour before departure) thus they refuse us and explain its closed.( The flight is a domestic flight. )
    However the flight was then actually delayed due to thunder storm. But they still won’t check us in….
    In the end We had to purchase another ticket to fly into Singapore and cross the border.

Can I make a complain and make the dispute?

AMcWhirter
    Participant

AnnieS7 – The simple answer is no. If an airline values punctuality then check-in times must be observed.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’m afraid I agree with Alex. You can for what it’s worth complain, but you won’t get far. Like airlines in Europe, when check-in is closed – it’s closed, and if you’re late you’ll lose the flight and the fare.

AnnieS7
    Participant

Seems that I am not late at all. We que up to check in and a MH staff told us use the self check in machine and the machine could not submit because the machine do not have MH logo, only Cathay, JAL, etc etc.
    Then we went back to que and they counter crew said check in close and they just said “can not” can not”.

They do not even allow us to use up our return flight today??? Because we didn’t use the departure ticket????

AnnieS7
    Participant

Also sorry about the inappropriate topic, but I don’t know how to change it.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

It seems in this situation, check in was “automatically closed” with no override by the check in staff. Whilst I agree with the principle of getting to the airport in sufficient time, this does raise the question of what happens if you arrive in good time to the check in area, and due to a technicality (short staff, slow check in, difficult passengers ahead in the Q, self service machines not working etc etc), you do miss the 1 hour deadline for check in.

Also, if you have done “online check in” what is the minimum time for “bag drop” and what happens if you miss the minimum time, but have sufficient time to clear security.

Flightlevel
    Participant

Seems MH have 45min check in or is that only domestic? Though bad for them not to have announcements to get those in the queue forward in time before check-in closes and to punish you on the next flight is that just money grabbing?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Talking about check in, just managed to check in for a return flight on BA, 48 hours in advance (with a boarding pass). Never been able to do that in the past…

AnnieS7
    Participant

Actually on the 10th when I checked in, I thought that I was late because I assume that it’s 1 hour b4 check in even for domestic flight. But when I return I saw a poster which I posted the picture said for domestic flights the check in counter close at 45 mins. If so I was not late at all!!

Also if I do not use up the departure ticket can I still use the return ticket???

AMcWhirter
    Participant

It’s confusing.

MH’s website says that “self check-in is mandatory for all economy passengers flying out of KUL.”

Yet the MH website also states that the check-in counter will be closed “60 mins before departure for domestic and international flights.”

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/uk/en/plan/check-in/counter.html

Flightlevel
    Participant

One would think that an airline with such bad recent history would do all it can to make it easy and simple for pax to travel with them? Cabin service is good on MH and A380s are comfortable too so check-in procedures are silly if their website is different to airport banners!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls