Qantas – London Heathrow to Perth

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)

• Flightlevel
    Participant

Alex_F, +1

A great publicity coup by QF and one has to admire them for it’though doubt it is an efficient route, even most QF pax have to transfer at PER, and pay A$2k more in J to fly the route than a transfer at SIN.
    To say nothing of the alternative SQ customer service.If it was a practical route why didn’t BA try it, they’ve had the same aircraft for at least a year ‘though without 5th freedom rights onward to MEL and SYD.
    The aircraft is obviously weight limited and QF is considering underfloor bunks for this and other non-stop routes because they can’t carry freight and pax over the distances.
    With weight restrictions they’d have more success with an A380 for the distance and a lot more room to move around – and add underfloor bunks?

rferguson
    Participant

Hi BT folks,

Any chance we will see a review of the new PER lounge and return PER-LHR flight? :-)))

IanFromHKG
    Participant

[quote quote=859143]With weight restrictions they’d have more success with an A380 for the distance and a lot more room to move around – and add underfloor bunks?[/quote]

Isn’t that beyond the A380’s range?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

[quote quote=861652]Hi BT folks,

Any chance we will see a review of the new PER lounge and return PER-LHR flight? :-)))[/quote]

Yes, sorry about that – I have 5 reviews waiting to land and will try and get through them by the end of the weekend,

rferguson
    Participant

[quote quote=861830]

Hi BT folks,

Any chance we will see a review of the new PER lounge and return PER-LHR flight? :-)))

Yes, sorry about that – I have 5 reviews waiting to land and will try and get through them by the end of the weekend,[/quote]

Thanks Tom, looking forward to them 🙂

capetonianm
    Participant

I’m hoping that you’re going to post a review of the AF/Joon flight to CPT and your experiences of CPT, Tom.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

The review is ready to go in the back office – I will post it this afternoon, I hope. Just having trouble loading all the photos.
    Cape Town! – Wonderful to go back after a gap of six years.

The new museum on the waterfront was certainly interesting
    https://zeitzmocaa.museum/
    But my time in the city was far too shot, unfortunately.

Stayed at one of the Radisson Hotels.

It had an egg timer in the shower

Flightlevel
    Participant

[quote quote=861813]

With weight restrictions they’d have more success with an A380 for the distance and a lot more room to move around – and add underfloor bunks?

Isn’t that beyond the A380’s range?[/quote]

Probably, with opposing winds,etc, ‘though Airbus does say the “enhanced” A380 can do 8500nm with a payload reduced from the current 52 tonnes to 42 tonnes. Less pax and maybe more sleeping berths in the hold and very little cargo! LHR-PER is 7834nm ‘though longer the way the B787 routes.
    Add 10% and its even less payload, maybe 40 tonnes! However it would be much more comfortable, Economy plus, First and Business only?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

[quote quote=861652]Hi BT folks,

Any chance we will see a review of the new PER lounge and return PER-LHR flight? :-)))[/quote]

Here’s the return flight review – Perth Lounge review coming….

Flight review: Qantas B787-9 Business Class (QF9)

rferguson
    Participant

Thanks tom, a great read. Glad you had a nice return flight.

MarkivJ
    Participant

Will this flight just get lounger?!
    FAA Could Put a Massive Hurt on Boeing 787 This Week

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls