Qatar Airways pre-order meals.

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• BPP
    Participant

Has anybody tried Qatar Airways pre-order meal arrangement yet? The inference is that it is only on flights departing Doha.
    Mrs and I are traveling LHR-DOH-BKK in ‘J’ 3rd week in November. Can we order for both sectors or just DOH-BKK? Likewise on the return?

BPP

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

Hi BPP – our understanding is that the service is only available on sectors departing Doha:

https://qatarairways.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005993148-Who-can-benefit-from-the-Pre-Select-Dining-service-

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

For those not aware of the service, more details here:

Qatar Airways extends pre-order dining service

sleak76
    Participant

Hello BPP

I tried it last month DOH-LHR. It is pretty much avail on a few routes and out of DOH only so my return LHR-DOH that option wasnt available.

When I got onboard and menu handed out, the crew member did ask me for my choice. Told her I already pre-selected my meal on the website and she said that it doesn’t show. So I’m guessing their processes are not well in place between the website click and crew’s final passenger manifest.

BPP
    Participant

Hi Sleak 76
    Thanks for this. It’s of no real value in that case as the second DOH-BKK (QR836) sector is quite short at a little over 5 hours and a ‘try to sleep’ flight for us.
    We usually have a good meal in the Doha lounge en-route and don’t usually eat much again until we get to the hotel in Bangkok by which it’s lunch time!
    The fact that the food manifest apparently does not work is not helpful!.
    Some years ago we flew EVA several times on this route. They had a very good pre-order system which worked well. I was hoping for something similar.
    BPP

sleak76
    Participant

You’re absolutely right in that eating at the lounge and then its a relatively short flight makes the inflight meal not a significant factor.

Although I am sure they’ll sort out the glitch soon enough where the preorder will end up showing on their manifest.

Have a safe flight out and back and an enjoyable time at the land of a thousand smiles.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls