Qatar Airways introduces 'PreSelect Dining'

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

First and business class passengers flying Qatar Airways can take advantage of a new service whereb they can order special meals in advance.

For the time being it’s available only on selected routes departing Doha. It’s believed these routes include flights to Europe (taking more than five hours), North and South America and Australasia. It would also include a couple of destinations in Asia.

Full details here:

https://qatarairways.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/115001701988-Pre-Select-Dining

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

BPP
    Participant

Anybody know when this is due to start and how it will work? There is nothing on the web site yet.
    I look forward to some ‘feedback’ from users before we fly LHR-DOH-BKK and return in November/December.
    Hopefully there will be some ‘choice’ special order additions to the basic menu!
    EvaAir were offering a system of pre-order for ‘J’ passengers when we flew with them for some years a while ago – worked well.
    BPP

AMcWhirter
    Participant

BPP – All details are provided on the above links. Not all destinations are covered and, currently, it applies only to flights departing Doha. If in doubt, re BKK, then I suggest checking with QR.

BPP
    Participant

AMcWhirter
    Thanks for this – very comprehensive indeed!
    It does appear that the choice is still only from the ‘On-Board’ menu, no ‘specials’ but at least there will be an opportunity to peruse the options before the flight and (almost) guarantee availability.
    I must add that in many years of flying in J&F with Qatar I have never failed to get my first choice off the menu – quality is sometimes another matter sadly.
    I await November with anticipation!
    BPP

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls