Qatar Airways discount

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Craig Bright

Qatar Airways is running a promotion through its mobile app, which it recently revamped, giving 10 per cent off ticket purchases made through the app.

http://qatarairways.com/mobileoffer

It’s a quick promo, only running until Sunday (October 29). The promo is QRMOBAPP.

openfly
    Participant

But, as usual with QR, the discount only applies to a few useless routes. The days of bargains on QR are long gone.

rferguson
    Participant

Yes I demand my c£1200 return to Australia in J class deals!!!! Lol.

True, the sales lately haven’t been what they were previously. Although I cannot see how the prices they were charging (in J) were sustainable.

There are still some reasonable deals out there – OSL-BKK for around £1150 return (cheaper than Norwegian). Tunis to KUL (not a great one to position for) around £950 return.

I don’t hold much hope to find the deal for the flight I just returned from (BRU – TYO – BRU in J for £570).

rferguson
    Participant

Actually, just to add QR are selling TXL – CBR (Canberra, Australia) at £1750rt at the moment.

A very good fare.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

As noted by rfergugon QR has some of its best deals on new routes.

Remember Pisa where a J class return Downunder could be bought for Euros 960 ?

Pisa – Auckland with QR (and QF)

Auckland – Doha – Pisa

Gin&Tonic
    Participant

What really gets me with QR is I get email bombed from them on a weekly basis with offers, none of which you can ever find in the searches and are never relevant to your home airport of which they are well aware due to previous travel and reward membership.

I would like to see the advertising standards investigate this type of advertising, and not just QR, to offer something you can then not find on a website must be grounds.

GivingupBA
    Participant

[quote quote=834264]What really gets me with QR is I get email bombed from them on a weekly basis with offers, none of which you can ever find in the searches and are never relevant to your home airport of which they are well aware due to previous travel and reward membership…
    [/quote]

Do they not have an unsubscribe button? I would look for that.

Gin&Tonic
    Participant

Another offer today by email from QR , companion in business so 2 can travel Man-HKG for £4569. But how to find the flight dates that match the offer, it’s impossible. That said it’s approx £700-800 above most other carriers anyway.

openfly
    Participant

@GnT…totally agree. Impossible to find any 2for1 business fares. Possibly Cardiff to Timbuktu via Doha on Feb 33rd next year. The QR special offers are an advertising fiddle….as always.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls