Qatar Airways B787-8 Dreamliner

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

Check in at LHR was swift with no queues at any counter.

Being in economy but being a oneworld emerald cardholder I was given lounge access but sadly not to the Qatar lounge.

No, Qatar frequent flyers are packed off to the Skyteam lounge which frankly was rather disappointing.

The food selection was a couple of luke warm hot dishes and a few sadly items – not even a bag of crisps or nuts!

Boarding the plane started on time but priority boarding took place at the same time as general boarding and with just one agent on priority boarding it meant being in the priority queue took longer than the main queue!

On board service was efficient but as this was a short night flight I tried to sleep. It was therefore disappointing to be woken up for the food service. You would have thought that eye masks and ear plugs would have given the cabin crew and good enough idea that I was trying to sleep!

The onboard IFE was impressive and the arrival into the new Doha airport good despite being on a remote stand.

I had no luggage so was quickly in the long and slow queue for my visa on arrival.

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user frustratedflyer can be found here

christopheL
    Participant

Which lounges do you usually use at LHR to be that disappointed by the Skyteam lounge ?

frustratedflyer
    Participant

I have used BA, Virgin, Singapore, Emirates, United, No 1 Traveller and of course Qatar’s own lounge. All I would rate as far better than Skyteam. Maybe I was unlucky that it was a Saturday night so quieter than usual and they were winding down although I have had similar experiences there once before.

christopheL
    Participant

How can you say anything wrong regarding the food in the skyteam lounge after having experienced the food in the BA lounges ???
    Nothing appetizing except crisps! But are crisps proper food ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls