Qatar Airways A350-9 QSuite

Back to Forum

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  rodders 30 Mar 2018
at 17:22

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• rodders
    Participant

Just tried the new Q-Suite on the A350-9 service from London to Doha (QR2) earlier this week.

I have also tried it on the 777 a few times over the past few months,(these were all day flights) but on the overnight service, it enabled me to try out the the mattress topper, pillow slip, White Co PJ’s (only medium available).

It’s got to be one of the best business class seats anywhere, what an enjoyable flight! I had seat 1k a rear facing one, and found enough room to sleep fully stretched out and on my front, rather than on my side, which is often the case on other carriers. The crew were very engaged (I know this was not always the case), and the on board service and IFE was top notch.

The T4 lounge was also a very nice start to my v short trip (I arrived back today on the A380 service)

The A350 is a great aircraft to travel on, the only slight niggle on QR is the lack of central aisle overhead bins, the plus side is this helps create a sense of space.

IstanbulWarrior
    Participant

I actually really like the fact that there are no overhead bins in the centre aisles.

BPP
    Participant

I seem to be at odds with the general feeling on this one!

Just travelled on a new A350-1000 with the new Q-suite DOH-LHR – don’t care for it.

OK the privacy is great but very claustrophobic as a Centre pair. TV screen is too big and dominating. The seat section lengths are wrong for a small frame and no calf support on the seat. Staff spent ages in the cabin trying to get the doors to close on several seats – took three of them to lower the centre divider on ours (with much brute force!)

May be OK as a window single or a ‘Club 4’.

BPP

David
    Participant

I’ve seen a few conflicting reports about how many A350-9s have the Q-suites and what the programme for refitting the 777-300ERs is. Anyone have any updated info? I’m flying the A350-9 from DOH-HND in September and the 777-300ER from TXL-DOH-CPT in December/January. What are the chances I’ll get a Q Suite on one of these?

rodders
    Participant

David
    I believe they have 2/3 of the 350-9’s and one 350-10 with the QSuite and some 8/9 on the 777 fleet, you can tell from the seat plan if its the QSuite configuration. I believe they are swapping the aircraft around on key routes until they have either enough refurbed aircraft or new deliveries.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls