Qantas wants to operate Perth-Paris non-stop by end September

Back to Forum

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  EUFlyer 30 Mar 2018
at 14:54

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

Report in French media says that Qantas wants to star non-stop flights from Perth to Paris by the end of this coming September. [FR]

https://www.deplacementspros.com/Exclusif-Qantas-ouvrira-son-Perth-Paris-avant-la-fin-septembre-2018_a47388.html

Craig Bright

Quick update: Just heard back from a spokesperson for Qantas that this isn’t the case.

MarkivJ
    Participant

Not surprising. And, I always thought their second European destination will be Frankfort

capetonianm
    Participant

I suspect they will barely fill the LHR PER with good revenue traffic. Adding PAR will dilute.

KSHaggag
    Participant

I do believe traffic btw PER and CDG currently is rather slim ;QF here is targeting Paris as a European leisure and business destination for Aussies but the only way it can achieve a non stop operation is via the closest Australian gateway to Europe ;PERTH .

AF itself would not be bothered by such a traffic right since it is not interested in flying the Kangaroo route by all means .I just am hopeful there will be enough traffic to justify the route and make it sustainable on the long run .

EUFlyer
    Participant

Given how reliant we’ve become on alliances, Paris doesn’t make much sense for QF. There arguably isn’t enough high yielding market to support daily services between Aus and Paris. And beyond Paris, it wouldn’t be straight forward for QF to do a deal with Skyteam member AF given QF’s existing tie up with Emirates.

There was talk, before Air Berlin becamed Etihadised and then collapsed, that Berlin might become a second QF hub in Europe (given that EK could get rights to fly there). That option is over now.

Also, as others have said, I wonder how sustainable the PER to LHR direct services are. The plane is totally uncomfotable for most people in all cabins except Business and the reviews have been largely negative. So I can’t see how Perth – Paris could be anything but PR spin at this stage.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls