Pre-landing snack

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 64 total)

• CornishExile
    Participant

“Yes, I know I requested new seat buckets for our enhanced 12-across A319 fleet……”

rferguson
    Participant

BA is to trial BOB of snacks on longhaul.

From 23rd August, Pringles, M&Ms and Malteser Snacks will be available to purchase on all long haul flights, apart from ABV, DME, LAD, IKA and A321 operated flights.

4 users thanked author for this post.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

“apart from ABV, DME, LAD, IKA and A321 operated flights.” – how on earth does somebody think about certain destinations being exempt as well as one aircraft type being exempt? I wonder how much money went into this research – simply mind boggling.

1 user thanked author for this post.

rferguson
    Participant

I think those destinations are the few long haul ones that are return catered from LHR. So basically, they don’t have the galley space to load extra trolleys with the BOB stuff in addition to everything needed for the outbound and return flights.

747foreverforus
    Participant

Why doesn’t Alex Cruz just come clean and say that he is turning BA into a LCC and be done with it? And at the same time start reducing the fares to match the service reduction

3 users thanked author for this post.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=733990]BA is to trial BOB of snacks on longhaul.

From 23rd August, Pringles, M&Ms and Malteser Snacks will be available to purchase on all long haul flights, apart from ABV, DME, LAD, IKA and A321 operated flights.

[/quote]

What’s the differentiation betwene BA and Norwegian, after all the recent changes?

Norwegian has a younger long haul fleet.

Still think your board are making good commercial decisions, Mr Michael?

I will stick my neck out on this one and say it is appallingly bad strategy.

MrMichael
    Participant

Hi FDOS. To be honest I don’t know if it is a good move or not. It seems to me from reading this forum that most people do not have very strong views either way. Ultimately, in economy, people want to get from A to B in reasonable comfort, safely and at a price they can afford. If onboard food is important to them then I guess they may be disappointed and will choose to go with other carriers, although those other carriers may follow suit at a later date. It is not such a bad decision FDOS that I feel compelled to demand the CEO’s head nor sell my shares. I do hope the M&M’s are of the peanut variety (although another thread some time ago warned against such things) and please please BA, take a page from the SAS book and serve/sell Daim (Dime) bars………

More worrying to me is the ageing fleet and its continued reliability as it continues to be patched up with elephant tape, glue and second hand engines. Something devastating for any airline is a crash of an airframe that costs lives and is found to be the fault of maintenance. That would be 100% down to the airline involved and quite rightly will cause a hangover for that company for a good few years…if it survives.

rferguson
    Participant

There’s two threads on the BOB snack proposition so excuse my laziness in just copying and pasting from the other thread 🙂

It will be interesting to see how this pans out. I’m not against the idea at all but I think trialling it just after reducing the second service on the shorter long haul flights to virtually nothing and removing the (previously complimentary) snack boxes on the longer flights will be seen as pure profiteering.

IMHO it would go down better if:
    – there was still an alternative complimentary snack even if it was just pretzels or biscuits.
    – BA doesn’t push sales on board and make annoying announcements etc.

I know Virgin have been offering the same item for sale on board their flights for some time. I’m not sure if they offer complimentary snacks in addition though.

https://retailtherapyshopping.com/tuckshop

lostantipod
    Participant

No point knocking BA for it, this their destiny, so vote with your feet. This parsimony on meals is not new, merely a continuation of BA’s continued decline from leadership into irrelevance. I recall having to travel LAS-LHR returning from a conference, and this was 7 years ago: circa 11 hour flight in the back of the 747 thanks to my tight-wad employer. Dinner served after delayed take off after 11pm… too late for dinner, I chose sleep…. big mistake….eventually I wake up and wait for breakfast: a tub of orange juice and a muffin. That was it, couldn’t even have seconds. These days I will not travel BA long haul, given a choice, there are so many better offerings and often cheaper; and within the EU, I treat them as a LCC.

icenspice
    Participant

Is it possible to preorder a Full English on affected flights and be the envy of the whole cabin?

MrMichael
    Participant

Good plan Icenspice, shall we say £8.50.

icenspice
    Participant

Including 2 sachets of HP?

icenspice
    Participant

I have been thinking and have come up with a solution.

The pot noodle.

– they weigh next to nothing
    – they are tasty at all times of the day
    – they are inexpensive and should therefore be offered free of charge to Y pax
    – they will not cause undue stress to cabin crew during the preparation stage

And, depending on your rapport with said crew, a mini Mars may also be provided.

MrMichael
    Participant

Icenspice……I had not realised you were still a young student.

SimonS1
    Participant

Well the worst kept secret is out in the open. It’s been so obvious that this was going to happen.

Dear old BA is going down faster than the Titanic. Even the BA boys on FT have decided to take the day off rather than mount the usual defence.

Give it 6 months and it will be extended to alcoholic drinks etc…customer feedback…roaring success…blah blah.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 64 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls