Pre-landing snack

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)

• Tom Otley
    Keymaster

This is the piece (just to keep track of it)

British Airways confirms service changes

esselle
    Participant

When I read they were pinning their hopes on Mars, I wondered what planet they are currently on………….

FDOS_UK
    Participant

It’s like the Titanic, cruzing towards the iceberg.

I feel very sorry for people like RFerguson (and handbag, though I don’t think she likes me too much) who are decent, committed, employees who have been hung out to dry by a bloke who frankly has the image of a Kebab shop owner.

theavidtraveller
    Participant

I have to say I was deeply disappointed by my dinner time (7pm) 2.5hr flight back from Budapest last week.

I fly on BA once every 3-4 weeks and it takes a lot of effort to get excited by the sandwich box and cake but this really does take the biscuit (pun intended).

I tweeted my disappointment, they said they now only offer a snack on short haul flights. When I pointed out that I got a sandwich on my way out, they said lunch time flights have a sandwich. Not sure I follow the logic, perhaps only flights ex-LHR? Either way, for a full cost flight, it’s a bit of a poor show. I think I rather fly low cost and have the option of buying food instead.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=733449]I have to say I was deeply disappointed by my dinner time (7pm) 2.5hr flight back from Budapest last week.

I fly on BA once every 3-4 weeks and it takes a lot of effort to get excited by the sandwich box and cake but this really does take the biscuit (pun intended).

I tweeted my disappointment, they said they now only offer a snack on short haul flights. When I pointed out that I got a sandwich on my way out, they said lunch time flights have a sandwich. Not sure I follow the logic, perhaps only flights ex-LHR? Either way, for a full cost flight, it’s a bit of a poor show. I think I rather fly low cost and have the option of buying food instead.

[/quote]

I think a few other people might join up the dots, too.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I think it is very easy for passengers who want a decent meal to buy before boarding. As long as passengers know in advance what they are not going to get there really is no issue. The problem is if passengers believe they are going to get a meal and they don’t…

The cost of flights have reduced… it really is not that difficult to buy some food before you fly…

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=733624]I think it is very easy for passengers who want a decent meal to buy before boarding. As long as passengers know in advance what they are not going to get there really is no issue. The problem is if passengers believe they are going to get a meal and they don’t…

The cost of flights have reduced… it really is not that difficult to buy some food before you fly…

[/quote]

Might as well fly low cost, know where you stand and save loads …….

Henryp1
    Participant

As a heavy BA user I think that this is an insult to passengers who have expected more. If the changes are openly and honestly publicised. That is to be specific what the snack is including the size. This might be OK, but to experience during the flight gives no opportunity pre flight to make alternative choices and arrangements.

Not at all good publicity for BA or customer experience.

JohnHarper
    Participant

[quote quote=733691]As a heavy BA user I think that this is an insult to passengers who have expected more. If the changes are openly and honestly publicised. That is to be specific what the snack is including the size. This might be OK, but to experience during the flight gives no opportunity pre flight to make alternative choices and arrangements.

Not at all good publicity for BA or customer experience.

[/quote]

I think this has long been the problem at BA, create one level of expectation and deliver something much lower but why tell the truth when you can trade on past performance and live a lie?

ABBA.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@FDOS – I do fly low cost – that’s why I use BA… not many airlines ‘pay me’ to fly…..

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=733734]@FDOS – I do fly low cost – that’s why I use BA… not many airlines ‘pay me’ to fly…..

[/quote]

Sure, but you do realise that most people don’t have the sweeteners that you have carefully thought out?

If everyone had it as well sorted as you, BA wouldn’t be making the same profit margins.

icenspice
    Participant

[quote quote=733350]ABBA?

Put your teeth back, tell me what’s wrong

[/quote]

I’m sure JohnHarper laughed so hard they fell out again.

(Apologies JH)

All in the spirit of the new forum.

Travellator
    Participant

I think there are so many of these enhancements that people aren’t fazed by them anymore and BA can just bully them through, I suppose in many ways due to Fortress Heathrow.

What happened to – To Fly to Serve ! Now superseded by To Fly to SAVE !

DerekVH
    Participant

[quote quote=733737]<p abp=”804″>I think there are so many of these enhancements that people aren’t fazed by them anymore and BA can just bully them through, I suppose in many ways due to Fortress Heathrow.

<p abp=”805″>What happened to – To Fly to Serve ! Now superseded by To Fly to SAVE !

</p>[/quote]

Or as someone on FT mentioned “To Fly to Starve”

747foreverforus
    Participant

someone said earlier that Alex Cruz looks like he owns a kebab shop – to me he looks like someone that has eaten them all – unlike his customers who now only get a mini mars bar,

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls