Pre-landing snack

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)

• icenspice
    Participant

Oh dear:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/british-airways-replace-flight-meal-8628477

Reminds me of an Aer Lingus flight from JFK to DUB and receiving a mini carton of orange juice prior to landing before 0600. Not even a whiff of coffee or snack ?

1 user thanked author for this post.

Edski777
    Participant

This next move in BA catering is clearly beyond embarrassing or a joke.

You only start to wonder what’s next. Paying for the use of a toilet? You already have to order a decent meal in advance and pay for it on long haul. Short haul has been brought to an Easyjet level some time ago.
    All fair, but make it known in advance. Be honest and upfront.
    Just admit that you have become an LLC level carrier with full service airline prices.

It’s sad to see a once great airline being driven into the ground by penny pinchers with only the “shareholder value” focus on their mind. Someone up there seems to have forgotten that in the end its not the shareholder, but the customer that pays their bonuses.

My suggestion: time to head for the competition!

1 user thanked author for this post.

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Words fail me – absoultely incredible.

MrMichael
    Participant

Shocking, you would think at least a choice of Mars Bar or Kit Kat!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Travelling on BA is on a par with a self inflicted injury.

Best Avoided.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I wouldn’t want a snack just before landing!

FaroFlyer
    Participant

I also would not want a snack, but many do, if only to break the boredom. I am a BA loyalist, but even I find this cut to be too much.

JohnHarper
    Participant

ABBA!

stevescoots
    Participant

I see its Economy and plus, not yet hit business over 6 hours……that will be next year when WW starts whining brexit has hit his numbers.

FaroFlyer
    Participant

ABBA?

Put your teeth back, tell me what’s wrong

CornishExile
    Participant

Looks like BA have come up with a creative solution to the problem of insufficient airport capacity in south east England!

rferguson
    Participant

I seriously wouldn’t be surprised if BA introduces BOB not only on short haul but on long haul also. Operating as some kind of hybrid airline – loco in economy and premium (well) in First and Club. BA has this mentality (wrong IMHO) that passengers in economy don’t really care what they are given as long as they get the lowest price.

The pre landing ‘snack’ is an embarrassment. It’s certainly been commented on onboard. But more annoying is the ‘tuck boxes’ have been removed from the longer long haul flights. So absolutely NADA to eat between meals. Had an inbound connection to LHR and slept through the main meal service after take off? Tough. We have nothing to offer you. Even the bar snack pretzels have been taken off. BA says on internal forums that some of these changes are already in place with other full service carriers flying flights of a similar duration. I’d like them to name one that offers a fun sized mars bar as a ‘second service’ (although someone did mention EI upthread). On SOME flights I can understand the logic. For example on say a BOS/JFK/YYZ/YUL/PHL etc-LHR flight these are generally overnight and in the region of 5hr50min. A hot meal after take off and a quick tea/coffee/juice/cereal bar before landing is sufficient. But on flights longer than this – or the daylight westbound ones when passengers are all awake – it’s just crazy.

**My personal opinions only**

5 users thanked author for this post.

Flightlevel
    Participant

They have to keep up/down with the competition,& I trust a cup of tea or coffee with your candy – keep the candy for the kids!
    I’m surprised the IFE isn’t used to order from a basic menu that would be a simpler though more frequent service for the cabin crew who could read an ipad when they trolly down the aisles, if the two systems can connect? Good for Business, & when they’re used to it in Economy too.
    Its the cabin crew who instigate the reduced service for what reasons?
    I remember the PanAm 727 service FRA – Berlin with a snack meal & beverages on a 25 minute flight!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

But BA is doing so well as an airline, as someone posted the other day, they are running 3 daily flights to Dubai, from the UK.

Fab, but consider this

Ex Heathrow

EK/QF – 8 services

Royal Brunei – 1 service

Ex Gatwick

EK – 3 services

Ex Birmingham

EK – 3 services

Ex Manchester

EK – 3 services

Ex Newcastle

EK – 1 service

That’s 22 services daily from England to Dubai and BA, with it’s dominance at Heathrow has precisely 3 or 13.6% and bear in mind that a lot of those EK/QF flights are on A380 equipment.

BA are getting murdered ex UK to the Middle East and it’s because their offer is poor compared to the competition.

I flew down on QF10 on Saturday, in premium economy – the seat is virtually identical to BA’s new seat, the food was better, the drinks were better, the crew were lovely, the aircraft was spotless…….. I am thinking seriously about using this route in the future, just wish QF had a direct MAN service.

icenspice
    Participant

‘Among the biggest of the changes is the removal of a second meal service for World Traveller Plus passengers on flights of seven hours or less, and for World Traveller customers on flights of eight and a half hours or less. This will affect a number of routes including those to the US East Coast.’

Quoted from piece in BT news.

If I am not mistaken, that will include all flights to and from the Gulf.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls