Plaza Premium Lounge Heathrow Terminal 5

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Tom Otley
    Keymaster

As we have reported previously this is forthcoming.

We’ve now been invited to the official opening party on 15 Noevmber 2017.

The lounge has opened occasionally in recent days to test out systems, but won’t be fully open until then.

Plaza Premium Group plans further Heathrow expansion

The website describes the lounge in the following terms

Plaza Premium Lounge (Terminal 5 Departures)
    In an ideal location overlooking the runway, Plaza Premium Lounge Terminal 5 Departures is the perfect setting for both business and leisure passengers.

The luxurious space is open to all travellers and features an abundance of comfortable seating away from the hustle and bustle of Terminal 5. The lounge boasts freshly prepared seasonal food, a fully serviced bar with a wide variety of drinks, unlimited high speed Wi-fi, shower facilities to refresh and reinvigorate before flying and international newspapers and magazines. Experience a new way to travel at Plaza Premium Lounge, Terminal 5 Departures.

Level 2, Terminal 5 Departures, London Heathrow Airport (Next to Gate A7)

Opening Hours
    05:00 – 22:00 daily
    Contact Information
    [email protected]

+44 208 2836436

EU_Flyer
    Participant

It is great to see Plaza Premium getting access to T5 Departures adding to the existing Aspire lounge.

I have a Priority Pass but no status on oneworld anymore. These independent lounges make flying BA ex London more attractive, despite my lack of status.

lesmclaren
    Participant

Good news indeed, like Alex F. I have got knocked back all the way over the past year as I am now semi retired and did not make the ridiculous high requirement for Gold for life after more than 25 years of flying with BA. [ I did after 10 years of Gold and hitting age 60 with SAS, guess who lost my business and who gained!!].
    As Alex says, the emergence of these non [airline] aligned lounges are great news, I just have to wonder if this is going to be the future and we will gradually see the airlines killing their “reward” schemes off and handing over lounge access to Priority Pass etc. which would drive airline “bread and butter” customers to look even more towards LCC airlines!

AMcWhirter
    Participant

[quote quote=836507]As Alex says, the emergence of these non [airline] aligned lounges are great news, I just have to wonder if this is going to be the future and we will gradually see the airlines killing their “reward” schemes off and handing over lounge access to Priority Pass etc. which would drive airline “bread and butter” customers to look even more towards LCC airlines![/quote]

We see that the Gulf airlines have started to make economies by selling lounge admission to passengers who, normally, would not be granted access.

Emirates extends paid-for lounge access to Gatwick and Heathrow

I understand that Etihad allows economy passengers access to many of its first/business class lounges provided they pay a fee.

ASK1945
    Participant

[quote quote=836081]It is great to see Plaza Premium getting access to T5 Departures adding to the existing Aspire lounge.
    I have a Priority Pass but no status on oneworld anymore. These independent lounges make flying BA ex London more attractive, despite my lack of status.
    [/quote]

Alex – unfortunately the new Plaza Premium Lounge at T5 is not yet a Priority Pass lounge, so those of us without BA status (when not travelling Business) are still stuck with the awful Aspire Lounge.

Mind you, I have recently used the really nice Aspire Lounge at Larnaca twice, and it makes the T5 one look like a downmarket small café.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls