Paris/Auckland/Paris

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

amadeaus
    Participant

I am a Brit based in Paris. In February my partner & I will fly Paris/Auckland/Paris. We have no knowlege of the better airlines to use in “business” class. We would like a stopover in an Arabic/Asian country and in Sydney going there. Perhaps one for the return. Can anyone assist us with a choice of airline for this long and expensive journey please ?
    We prefer Singapore airlines but it’s much more expensive than the others & we find staying in Singapore a little on the dull side. I would be grateful for any advice on the best carrier to choose for value for money. In closing I wish to thank Business Traveller for offering such interesting & infomative reading !

00Jacky
    Participant

If U want to stop in ASIA, UAE and Sydney then Emirates is the best choice. The route could be : CDG-DXB-SYD-Auckland
    Auckland-BKK-DXB-CDG
    And there business class is nice, unless U get the older types!
    The Emirates lounge is good, except in Dubai is stressing coz of many people and lack of space!
    But the ticket fare is good for making all this stops!

Hope this info would be usefull for U, good luck!

AussieM
    Participant

I flew on Etihad down to Sydney, from Abu Dhabi about 6 weeks ago & returned a month later. I have to recommend the Etihad option more thn Emirates, as their seat design is far better, you have much more privacy.
    You also get a chauffeur car each side, the food is impeccable & they have just opened a new lounge centre in Abu Dhabi. They use the A345/6 down to Oz & are improving from daily to 11 flights from Oct.

Sometimes if i want to stop or have added routes its far more economical & convienient to book yr own flights with diff airlines, perhaps use some miles if you have them as a reward sector.
    I flew out on Silverjet to DXB in April, caught the return Etihad from AUH-SYD, then a reward KLM flight back to Amsterdam connecting to London City.
    It may for yr convienience, be better to purchase 2 flights from CDG to Middle East then on.
    Flights on Air New Zealand from Sydney return run from AU 250 about £125, so a good deal., economy.
    Flights on Etihad’s website if you start from Middle East Paying in Dirhams for an e ticket, can cost from £1,800 return to Sydney, where-as staring from LHR you pay over £3,200!

Flights INTO Europe from Middle East are far cheaper in Dirhams on many airlines sites, incl KLM ,Etihad, starting from there, one way also, as there are no horrendous taxes security charges like LHR (£180 approx to leave long haul Business class…It costs £40 from AUH!

Look at the Airlines local site (EG KLM /UAE) & see the local deals you can get by buying a 1 way.

If you’re willing to combine a Business class long haul, with a short economy sector, you can really make great savings, especially paying in the local market currency, direct from the airline. You’re also then free of restricted stoppovers, route yrself as u like.
    Complicated i know but actually simplr eif you divide yr trip into segments, as yr overall package.

I would divide it into 3, EU-Middle East / ME-Sydney / Sydney -AUK.
    Mix n match yr airlines then have less restrictions, & get some better value using the different currencies.
    Hope that helps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls