Packing tips

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

• AzookiTravel
    Participant

Hello,

Additional tip. make sure that you have a different bag for used clothes, for wet clothes and for clean clothes. Also, avoid being stubborn on airport rules. When they say “razor not allowed”, do not bring razors and other prohibited stuff that can delay and give you so much inconvenience.

lonetraveler
    Participant

Roll your clothes to save space!

GivingupBA
    Participant

My rule of thumb for packing: halve the clothes and double the money.

icenspice
    Participant

Start 30 mins before your taxi is due to arrive. That way, you don’t have time to think.

Laundry in hotels….I wish I could remember where but I needed my jeans washed. They were returned with an industrial pleat down the middle. I nearly cried.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I have found some wonderful videos on You Tube demonstrating how to fold T Shirts (this is now soooo easy) and shirts (a little more challenging still)..

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I find rolling clothes takes up more space. My shirts are folded worth 3 being put in a plastic bag, and my jacket is folded inwards.

For the rest I refer to my answer above. Using hotel laundry I rarely need more than a roll on for a week’s travel.

canucklad
    Participant

On business, I pack neutral coloured clothes. The crisp white shirt is a godsend. 2 pairs of trousers that can mix and match the shirts are obligatory. And then the key to appearing to have a weeks worth of outfits, is to pack ties that Jon Snow would wear.

Good deodorant, the smoking ban and not getting into a sweat keeps my packing minimal. Although I do have my emergency stash of Persil if needed.

5 days away this week, and it’s been 2 trousers, 2 business shirts and a business casual (no tie) shirt to travel back on Friday after my last meeting. Plus jeans I wore down on Sunday night a polo shirt, shorts and flip flops for hotel use! And what made me look different everyday, 4 different coloured ties!

Thepulser
    Participant

One of the things that I normally do is to pack light and buy new ones, especially underwear if I need. This works perfectly when you are on the long trip. You don’t really need the branded ones anyway. I was in 10 day trip to New York with only a duffel bag (country road – the best travelling bag i have ever used) and could not pack heaps of clothes. I just popped up to a random H&M and got my self the cheapest socks and undies that I could find there.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls