Overheard a passenger in the Concorde lounge…

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• GreenScot
    Participant

As I was at the bar, a boorish ‘gentleman’ when asking for olives in brine was politely told that the only olives were in oil and offered alternate snacks. He then demanded to the staff member working behind the bar, Wwell just get them and wash and them”, at which point he stormed off in some huff. No could you for me, no please, no nothing.

All credit to the lounge staff member who just smiled and didn’t let it affect him. I acknowledged his professionalism and how I was impressed how he handled it.

I also know this guy is across the aisle from me on the same flight having seen his boarding pass. I feel sorry for the crew who I may warn when I board.

Window-seat
    Participant

It never fails to stun me how some travellers forget how privileged they are. I hope he wasn’t a nuisance on the flight.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

All credit to the lounge staff member who just smiled

Probably doesn’t understand English 😉

UKFly79
    Participant

I’ve witnessed some pigs in the CCR in my time. Granted, the staff aren’t the best, but on the whole they try…… Given that they must tolerate people like that kudos to them.

I only wish the staff were trained to a higher level. Just visited the LAX QF lounge (Sofitel run these I believe) and the staff knew all about the wines, cocktails and food.

summerfly
    Participant

During a BA F class flight a few weeks ago I witnessed a ‘lady’ become very rude and verbally abusive towards the cabin crew because her espresso was not strong enough. The crew were most professional and did everything to attempt to please her, but still she just huffed. It made me feel uneasy, however, the crew appeared well rehearsed (sadly this must be a common occurrence).

canucklad
    Participant

Still doesn’t beat the uppity women who questioned desk staff if the cancelled flights due to the ash cloud affected her,as she was flying business class.

I do despair ,because sadly I’m witnessing more and more rude and unacceptable behaviour as I travel and actually as I go about my daily routine. I blame social media and its cancerous effect on my fellow citizens inability to conduct face to face interactions with warmth and sincerity.

The security guy in T2 yesterday being a perfect example of this reduction in social manners

Defcon5
    Participant

A good post but a frustrating read. Surely we should be compelled to tell people they are being rude and offensive when we see/hear these types of situations? If you saw something like this happening again, would you challenge this person?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=806368]A good post but a frustrating read. Surely we should be compelled to tell people they are being rude and offensive when we see/hear these types of situations? If you saw something like this happening again, would you challenge this person?

[/quote]

I wouldn’t, when plod arrives to investigate the subsequent incident, you will be viewed as part of the problem.

Nothing wrong with having a quiet word with the staff member afterwards and offering support.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls