oui sncf flash sale

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• icenspice
    Participant

https://en.oui.sncf/en/deals/spain?ectrans=1

1st class from €39 o/w Paris to Barcelona!

Alex McWhirter
    Participant

Thanks for the info, icespice. I imagine SNCF/RENFE has lost customers owing to the political situation in Catalonia. It was 15 per cent down in October.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/oct/20/catalonia-tourism-slumps-15-since-referendum-violence

capetonianm
    Participant

For those who perhaps aren’t aware, SNCF has ‘rebranded’ its web services as ‘Oui’, which seems to match the French propensity for giving things pointless and unfathomable names, such as AF ‘Hop’ and ‘Joon’.

As a matter of interest, I have just checked the above website for deals to Spain. My first surprise was that it worked, which is unusual, and my second was that the price was much higher than when I priced a journey a few weeks ago. That might be because loads have increased but I don’t think there are any bargains, the prices they show are just a couple of ‘loss leaders’. SNCF along with many transporters are good at that.

Alex McWhirter
    Participant

TGV is a name synonymous worldwide with high-speed rail travel.

So many people in France regret that SNCF is rebranding its TGV’s inOui.

SNCF confirms new InOui name for TGV

It started when SNCF branded its budget TGV services as Ouigo and its budget bus services as Ouibus.

capetonianm
    Participant

I suppose Ouigo is better than Nongo! That’s what they should call when they go on strike, which does just very rarely happen in France as any of us know.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls