OSL – LHR – PHX and return, a tale from First

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

• WoburnMan
    Participant

FormerlyDos – Ah nothing wrong with that I’m only 5’10” :o) I totally agree with the privacy thing – all I meant is that A gives off a longer footwell and ya got your towel rail too ;o)

I flew back from HK last night in CW and I thought they were great in fact the same crew out and back were brilliant. Menu was great wines too – recommend the Ploughman’s main course salad if you like that sort of thing – Oh forgot to mention it comes with a pork pie ! simply delicious

JC

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“FormerlyDos – Ah nothing wrong with that I’m only 5’10” :o) I totally agree with the privacy thing – all I meant is that A gives off a longer footwell and ya got your towel rail too ;o)”

Very true – I did have 64A originally and moved it after a period of vacillation 🙂

I’ll look out for the Ploughmans, sounds good, thanks for the tip.

bacrew1
    Participant

Hope you have a good journey tomo FDoS.. (and I genuinely mean that!)…
    Do you prefer BA to AA as they have a flight leaving only 30mins after??

Good choice FDoS. Have a safe trip.

WoburnMan
    Participant

Perfect – Django movie wise if you like QT … :o)

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“Hope you have a good journey tomo FDoS.. (and I genuinely mean that!)… Thanks 🙂

Do you prefer BA to AA as they have a flight leaving only 30mins after??”

Upper deck on a 744 v AA old J on a 772 won my vote, combined with T5 being better to use than T3.

To be brutally honest, neither are my favourite airline, but Swiss (my fave European carrier) would have taken 27 hours v 15.5 and an extra flight via Newark. Similar situation with LH and their seats aren’t as good as Swiss.

bacrew1
    Participant

“To be brutally honest, neither are my favourite airline”

Really??!? (picks himself up off the floor).. Kinda knew that 😉
    Safe travels!

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“”To be brutally honest, neither are my favourite airline””

Don’t recall saying much about American, on here. Untied, yes. I hear good things about American these days, but haven’t used them much recently, so will see how it goes in a week’s time.

BA could be (used to be), but the combination of cost cutting/unfriendly policies and quite a few of your colleagues who manifestly don’t give a monkeys is the blocker.

I least I can count on BA to be safe.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

“I least I can count on BA to be safe.”

BUT if

“the combination of cost cutting/unfriendly policies and quite a few of your colleagues who manifestly don’t give a monkeys”

How do you know they haven’t cut costs in safety?

[5th line removed]

edited

WoburnMan
    Participant

Thats way too below the belt BeckyBoop – 5th line! suggest you read FDoS previous blog @ 17.20 :o(

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Great report RoadKing and reminds me I should do one one my BA trip from CPT to LHR.

Openfly, I have to agree with you about old first. You put into words what I was thinking but couldn’t quite put a finger on.

I also formed the opinion from the report that the BA staff were friendlier overseas than at home. Do employees abroad have a greater sense of work pride perhaps?

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“How do you know they haven’t cut costs in safety?”

Grow up and stop making idiotic comments.

We are talking about British Airways, I don’t know anyone in the industry who thinks of them as anything other than AAA+ for safety.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

WOW!!… we are talking the same British Airways?!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Just because a plane is old, it does not make it unsafe to fly as long as the necessary checks and maintenance are carried out. BA has an exemplary maintenance record, one of the best in the industry, operating to the highest standards, as do airlines such as LX, LH, KLM, QR, SIA etc etc. to name a few.

Some of the original 747’s, DC10’s and even 707’s are still flying safely today. In fact, the Saudi oil minister Al Naimi was using a DC8 as his official aircraft until a few years ago. To a certain extent I even feel safer in an old plane, as they have less electronics. I always think of MS flight simulator and the whole thing freezing at a crucial moment!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls