Oneworld v Star Alliance

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

• Swissdiver
    Participant

Jeffery,
    You cannot compare a program years ago with one today as all worsened… That said, BA is targeting long haul flights clients. Its program reflects this strategic choice.

PeterCoultas
    Participant

Jeffery D: was also Star G for many years & agree with your comments re the consequence of BMI demiseā€¦. but SwissD is certainly correct in that accrual in star programs is now very much worse than it was – some quite big differences between airlines with the new Connect program looking interesting

JeffD
    Participant

@swissdriver

Totally agree about comparing programmes from years ago. I held BA Gold about 20 years ago, but would struggle now with any of the alliances as all of the programmes have really changed. I just about manage to keep by BA silver. I still do over 100 sectors a year, but sadly remain on the lowest tiers with Star and skyteam.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Jeffrey,
    The advantage of FlyingBlue (Skyteam) in your case is to give Gold also for a number of sectors flown: 30 to be Gold. Platinum requires the double.

simeoncox
    Participant

Thank you, @EruditeSheep. I hadn’t considered ICN, and I will investigate Expert Flyer. (I am already a QFF and Krisflyer member, the latter being as handy as an ashtray on a motorbike.)

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls