Official Complaint to SQ

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

It was the pilot – either hand flying or very gently pushing the a/p knobs and buttons!

craigwatson
    Participant

“gently pushing the a/p knobs and buttons”!! im assuming your joking

MartynSinclair
    Participant

That depends…………whether passengers concepts of the f/d are

a co-ordinated, calm and professional team working together, following all proceudres and check lists in timely fashion, keeping ahead of the game and ensuring all the bases are covered

or

sheer panic and a blind look of amazement when the aircraft actually reacts to inputs pilots are making.

ArronZidane
    Participant

I have flown quiet a few flights in the recent months between HKG-SIN and I have to admit I have had no issues with their service at all and on my last flight as I am moving back to London but had to go to Sing first I had an extreme amount of excess luggage (In economy) and I was not charged at all, the only issue I had was the way the A380 touched down, the first time in my life I was scared on a plane with a lot of other passengers crying and screaming as they must have performed a manual landing and literally slammed the plane down at Changi and it felt like it was going to go off the runway it was that wobbly and shaky.

redlantern2011
    Participant

Not sure if any of you has expereienced this. I was flying from Beijing to Singapore on SQ805. I normally take my notebook our of my bag as I sit down so I do not need to get uo to retrieve it after the flight takeoff. I have been doing so all this time. However, this time one of the leading steward told me it is against safety regulation to put the notebook in the seat pocket. I was surprised and told him I have never heard of this. His reply was “this is my flight and I ……” Not wanting to make a fuss nd delay the flight and I was also too tired to start a long conversation. I just hold the notebook on my lap. Anyone heard of this new regulation?

cbroo79
    Participant

SQ definitely is not a premium airline anymore.

After listening to a different forum tread, I decided to give them another chance and booked c class in January going AKL-SIN, SIN-BOM.

Boarding the plane for a very much delayed departure due to late arrival in AKL, I noticed how dirty and run down my seat area was. When the hot towel arrived I lightly wiped the armrest areas on both sides of the chair, the towel turned pitch black. I alerted the crew, who were visibly embarrassed. They claimed the cleaners in AKL must have overlooked my seat… Their offer was to sit in the seat across the aisle (which after a light rubbing with another towel turned out to be equally filthy!). Guess the plane had not been cleaned n the seat area for weeks!

I kindly refused, left the towel with the crew and asked that management would be alerted of the status of the plane! I also asked if SQ would do anything to compensate me for this unpleasant experience. The purser came back to me, apologized (which I very much appreciated) and told me that SQ staff would meet my plane and me personally upon arrival in SIN and they would take special care (and that he had requested to maybe upgrade me to F on SIN-BOM). I thought, well at least he cares.

Arriving at SIN I was met by someone with a cart. I asked what he would do for me and was told he was there to drive me to my departure gate which was far away (I would have expected that anyway as due to the late departure from AKL my connection time was only 25 minutes!). I asked him what about the pursers request and he disclosed that he actually was not SQ staff but an outsourced employee with no authorization that was just told by SQ managers to take care of me. I asked were the manager would be and he told me he had had no time to see me.

He called the guy via radio and was told to offer me a SIN$150 SQ shop voucher for onboard purchases. I told him that would be a joke considering that I paid a premium for c-class and basically had to sit for hours in filthy environment. He had no authority to comment.
    Getting on my flight to BOM, I checked that seat and guess what, it was equally filthy and scratched etc.!

The purser on that flight had only one comment… “We have been told to give you a voucher and that should settle it…” It did not! I wrote to SQ the same day (the purser of the previous flight also had promised to alert SQ management and to ask for a written statement to me) and requested better compensation for the inconvenience. I have not gotten any answer till today.

Guess this was it for me with SQ. There are better alternatives for less money and with a better attitude..

KF-Gold
    Participant

cbroo 79, SQ is probably busy fixing the 10 months old website problems .. have to agree that SQ is no longer a premium airline. it is a deliberate act from management to downgrade the airline, so that pax will expect less, I guess.

may be this is called ‘managing expectation’ ……

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

It seems that SQ are getting some bad press on here, in recent months.

RichHI1
    Participant

dzteh83 with the greatest respect, I understand you are upset by the racist comments by Singapore Ailrines staff however you really do seem to be losing the plot here.

cbroo79
    Participant

I my opinion they lost the customer focus and financial/ profitablity concerns took over. This is never good and definitely would not work in my line of business. The right balance is the key, SQ does not have it, it is clearly tilted against teh customer.

michraven
    Participant

KrisFlyer snafu won’t happen again, says SIA

OUR website experienced a temporary issue last Friday evening, which resulted in some KrisFlyer members being shown pages from previous sessions of other members (‘KrisFlyer online shock’ by Mr Raymond Liow; Tuesday).

No unauthorised transactions took place.

We sincerely apologise for this serious malfunction and acknowledge that it should not have occurred.

The root cause was determined and the issue was resolved within four hours.

We take customer data privacy very seriously and assure our customers that steps have been taken to ensure that such an incident will not happen again.

Tan Chik Quee

Senior Vice-President Marketing

Singapore Airlines

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls