NRT lounge question.

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

Brett88
    Participant

I’m flying on BA6 NRT-LHR in J class in a few months. I’m invited to use the American Airlines lounge, however as I have a business class ticket on a oneworld carrier can I use JAL’s Sakura Lounge?

From what I read on oneworld.com it indicates that with a business class ticket on a oneworld airline you can use any oneworld airline’s business lounge, but it doesn’t state it explicitly.

Can anyone be more definitive?

Thanks in advance.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Brett88, you are quite correct, you can use any OW business class lounge. However, although it is a couple of years since I went through NRT, I have to tell you that I thought the AA lounge was nicer even than the JAL first lounge, albeit the AA lounge is not for wine buffs (the godawful plonk they served there was truly dreadful). Perhaps things have changed 😉

There was a thread on this topic a while ago, which I couldn’t find, but here is an older one which you might find of interest : http://www.businesstraveller.asia/discussion/topic/BA-lounge-at-Narita

Happy travels!

Brett88
    Participant

Thanks for the informative reply! Will give that thread a look now.

I rarely travel business as I’m very young and this was a rewards booking… I wonder can I sample both lounges as I please should time permit?

Re: wines, it’s a morning flight so I wonder is it acceptable to sample what’s on offer at 9am!? Haha. However no matter what time of day I will definitely be sampling the nifty self-pouring beers!!

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Well, so long as you aren’t so young that you shouldn’t be sampling alcohol at all… !! I have met some raised eyebrows in my time at quaffing cocktails in the early hours of the day, but I think lounge staff are well used to it. After all, my body isn’t necessarily running on the same time as local time, and I think airline staff are well accustomed to that concept! So do what you and your body feel like doing, and enjoy it regardless of local time.,

Yes, you are absolutely at liberty to try as many OW business class lounges as you want and have time for – the problem being that they are quite some distance apart. The AA lounge (the last time I went there) was as far to the left as it was possible to go, and the JAL lounge was well off to the right! You will probably only get one lounge invitation, but you should be able to obtain entry on the basis of your boarding pass. So, please do “lounge-shop” and report back with your findings!

Brett88
    Participant

Thanks very much for the advice! And I shall indeed report back 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls