Not earth shattering… just frustrating (sorry…. BA again)….

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

OK, this is not exactly earth shattering, will not cause me to consider changing my loyalty from BA, but is just another one of those small happenings that showcases the former “worlds favourite airline” living in bygone days.

I recently purchased some items onboard. Not cheap, not expensive, but I needed what I purchased. The cabin crew member knew I was a gold card holder and explained the process for claiming avios, was simple, on line through the BAEC. So far…

1. Go to BAEC, find the missing avios link, completed the form which included the receipt number and all flight details along with dates etc. Pressed submit – easy peasy…. what is all the fuss about..

2. Thank you for the request which we have received, please print the form and send to BAEC, by post etc etc…. (errr… if you have received the request, why the need to send a copy of the form by post).

3. The form specifically stated, “do not send any other documents with this form”. (OK, I still scanned the form and the receipt and filed it, just in case)

4. One week later, an email received, confirming again receipt of the request, but this time, “please can you email the receipt for the items” (errr… why didn’t you ask for the receipt when I sent the form by post… and why all of a sudden am I able to email, when previously I had to post)..

As I said, not earth shattering, not worthy of a complaint, just one of those small occurrences that along with all the other small occurrences with BA, like AGAIN not be able to use an upgrade voucher (third unusable voucher in the last 12 months, that leaves a sour taste.

Defcon5
    Participant

Nice! Keep flying them Martyn!
    (Other airlines are available)

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@Defon5 ……indeed there are other airlines… but….

… AMS-LHR-HKG-BKK-HKG-LHR-AMS = £1,435 in C + 36,000 odd avios + a Gold card and access to some wonderful lounges…. why on earth would I change airlines…. observations on shortfalls are permitted….

SimonS1
    Participant

There is clearly a reason why they are cheap. But you want cheap flights and customer service?

Just take the rough with the smooth I guess.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=823967]There is clearly a reason why they are cheap. But you want cheap flights and customer service?

[/quote]

Absolutely, you have to take the view that you are paying for a decent seat – endof.

Take your own F&B, entertainment and spend your time laughing at the Keystone Cop type of operation.

Service is grist to the mill of cost reduction and quality/class sacrificed on the altar of the Euro.

nevereconomy
    Participant

I don’t remember having to claim Avios for onboard purchases – they swiped my EC card. Is this another “improvement” ?
    Of course by now everyone knows how I feel about BA – can’t live with em, can’t live without em. Like Martyn I find them often
    a well-priced option for Premium travel, with some irritations. If I can get similar or better from another carrier I now use them.

rferguson
    Participant

[quote quote=823967]There is clearly a reason why they are cheap. But you want cheap flights and customer service?

[/quote]

Qatar is VERY cheap during sales.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I agree my fares are extremely cost effective, because I am happy to fly multi legs to my destination. However, I think we read far more complaints, on BT about BA not being cheap when compared to other airlines.

Its still no excuse for all these minor irritations….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls