No more Lounge assces for LH Silver Card holders

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

flier74
    Participant

Being a Silver (FTL) Card holder I am getting more and more annoyed by the fact that LH has withdrawn Lounge access in various outstaions without any warning for their Frequent travellers if they travel in Economy.
    Personally I have encountered this since LH moved to T1 (don’t start me on that) in London LHR and also now that they fly out of the brandnew T1 in BCN. As there are only Star Alliance Lounges no FTL Card holder (or Silver Card holders from other Carriers who previously had this privilege) can use the Lounges.
    I for one know now that I will ditch LH and use BA where I can, given the fact that I can use the great Galleries Lounge in T5 and enjoy Lounge access (including a guest) on all other stations where there is a lounge no matter which class I am booked in. Plus BA has fare more competetive fares on the german routes in Business and Economy than LH. Does anyone know about more stations where this has happened with LH?

Senator
    Participant

Hello,

FTL lounge access is restricted to LH/OS/LX owned and operated lounges. Hence, when LH moved from dedicated FTL/SEN lounges at T2 to shared Star Alliance lounges at T1, this privlige is gone.

I suspect with the “move under one roof” strategy, more shared Star Alliance lounges will appear, and it will become more difficult. You may be left with FTL lounges at German, Swiss and Austrian airports plus a selection of strategic longhaul destinations such as JFK.

My suggestion is to look for other Star Alliance cards such as SAS Eurobonus which has lower tresholds for Gold.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls