No more birthday flight upgrade with CX?

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• sliu
    Participant

Due to an annual conference I frequently travel on my birthday. I am a CX Gold member and has been receiving free upgrade from CX in the past but since 2 years ago I haven’t got this birthday gift anymore. This year I traveled from Haneda to HK and the ground check-in staff spotted my birthday and greeted me with a warm Happy Birthday… and the economy class seat boarding pass.

Does CX still offer free upgrade to travelers on their birthday?

ghlotus
    Participant

I believe this is a perk for Diamond tier member. But even then, it is space-available. Anybody else know what the policy is?

stevescoots
    Participant

Asked my friends at CX last night over a couple of beers and they confirmed that it was stopped about 2 years ago. however if you are a club member, mention it it at check in and cheekily ask you would probably get one if there is availability.

No Name
    Participant

I flew on CX flights on my 60th and 65th birthdays, and am now 76 years old;
    I did not get the up-grade on both occations, except on one of them when I
    flew from Hong Kong to Kuala Lumpur, the K.L. Airport Immigration officer
    greeted me by mentioning it was my Birthday. Hence, it was not two years ago,
    but seventeen years ago that this “system” has been abolished!
    Robert Thio (Hong Kong)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls