No ID on US flights

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Seems in the US you do not need an ID to fly.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/433918_tsa.html

I find this quite incredulous and again shows how the cousins impose rules for others but not for them!

LAXtrethowd
    Participant

This seems a little strange.

You must provide state or federal ID at check-in (Passport, Drivers Licence etc), as far as I am aware. You also have to submit the same details when booking online.

When entering the TSA checkpoint there is a further check of your boarding card and the same ID to cross reference the details on one with the other. It’s this section of the checking process which was at issue.

I can understand that had this person checked in at a desk the extra layer of checking might be viewed as overkill. However, what about those who web checked?

I put all this down to the current climate of TSA bashing. I travel through LAX frequently and find the processat the UA-TSA section to be fast and efficient.

I can understand the frustration from outside the US regarding the ‘them and us rules’. As a European, I find the LHR pre check-in security questions/interrogation to be uncalled for, especially for a young guy, in business with a 1K card – seems to flag up all sorts of odd questions! That sort of attitude certainly doesn’t arise with internal flights.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls