Next forum posters’ meeting

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 135 total)

• robsmith100
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Yes it was certainly an eventful and enjoyable day. A shame more of you didn’t attend and was great to finally put names to faces. If none of use were working the next day I believe we could have easily pushed on through till dawn 🙂

I take it everyone got hope safe and sound? We must do one again soon. Many thanks again to “The Green Man”…a legend!

Next time as an alternative venue, how about we try the Brooklands Museum? The have a Concorde and a flight simulator too!!

http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Glad you all enjoyed it and wish I could have been there. Though in fairness I would have missed an awesome day as I was collected in Lugano with a group of visiting Swiss and British Parliamentarians, flown by military helicopter to visit the new Gotthard Rail Tunnel, which meant taking a lift 800m down and then by helicopter to Berne.

I’m in London 2nd week of July and it would be great to meet up then. I’ll have mrs. LP and LP juniors in tow so any excuse to slope off would be welcome.

Brooklands sounds fun though, and I suppose for that we could bring families? Might get a few more to attend that way and then we can all bear testament to each others better halves that we really do have a tough time when travelling on business!!!

LindsayW
    Participant

I have only just arrived home in BNE yesterday and as I didn’t have very much Internet access during my 7 week holiday – as that was exactly what it was – no laptop 😀 ),

I will forever be in NTarrants debt, but perhaps I will find a way to repay it.

Likewise I loved meeting other members and would love to live closer to London in order to be able to attend more meetings. But perhaps I should set up a meeting between Australian based members and then would be happy to host drinks for any members visiting Australia – in particular BNE my home town, but also happy to try and organise my interstate trips to SYD or MEL to tie in with members visits).

Yes, who was The Green Man :D. I’ll bet he’s still lurking 😉

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

Anyone else going to the BA Open Day at LHR on Saturday 3rd Sep?

http://www.eventelephant.com/britishairwaysopenday2011

It’s at the engineering base Hatton Cross so retiral to The Green Man again afterwards sorted, might even get 09R departures this time, or at least 27L landings!

Tickets free but advance booking essential, up to 4 tickets per booking.

robsmith100
    Participant

Count me in!!! Green Man after sounds a good plan as its just over the road. May be worth getting there a bit early to secure a parking spot.

Bucksnet
    Participant

Me too. I’ve just got my ticket for the open day and printed it off.

What time though?

Lindsay, I should be down under for Christmas this year, mostly around BNE, so maybe we can meet up?

KeaneJohn
    Participant

Ive got my tickets to this so as a relative newby look forward to meeting people.

ConcordeFlyer
    Participant

Thank you JimBannerman1 – just booked two tickets.

Reminds me of the time many years ago when BA launched SuperShuttle with 3 return Concorde flights London to Glasgow.

In those days, you could walk around the tarmac, perch on the undercarriage and have your photos taken without the risk of being arrested.

Green Man it is afterwards – suggest a couple of BT Mags on table for those new to the gathering….

LindsayW
    Participant

Bucksnet, I expect to be in BNE over Christmas. Looks like I’ll be busy hosting BT members Christmas & New Year.

Nice pick up Jim and no doubt another convivial ale after the BA Day will be welcome. Hope the winds favour you as well!

JordanD
    Participant

Sadly, a personal engagement takes me to Edinburgh that weekend, so I’m somewhat gutted to be missing out on the Open Day … will have to chance my luck at winning the Simulator Prize instead!

Hope it is a good one for all who do make it.

TiredOldHack
    Participant

I have never met anyone in this forum irl (at least, not knowingly) and I rather like aeryoplanes and fings like Big Spanners, so I’ll be there as well. I’ll be the scruffy one with a motorcycle helmet.

NTarrant
    Participant

Splendid idea Jim. Got my ticket.

RichHI1
    Participant

It would have been interesting to meet some other posters but unfortunately I will back in US for Labor Day Weekend. I hope you have a great time. Enjoy a tasty beverage for me.

PatJordan
    Participant

I had promised myself that I would make the next gathering and finally meet some of the posters (whom I feel I already know).

However, Mrs J. and I wil be in Paris that weekend, so I’ll have to miss it again. There’s always next time….

Hope everyone has a great day, and I’ll raise a glass to you from Paris!!

Pat

Bucksnet
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 135 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls