next BA sale ?

Back to Forum

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  capetonianm 15 Sep 2017
at 09:37

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• travelwell
    Participant

noticed vigrin have one, when would the next BA sale would be as I am looking for sept and the flights are way way high at the moment

Bath_VIP
    Participant

I am sure many people have spotted that the next BA sale is under way. However, I’ve spotted a weird anomaly that I hope someone can explain.

I’m looking London to New Orleans in November and Premium Economy returns are £900 or £1280 return if going out premium, return in business. Both are decent value fares.

I am aware that sale fares make avios bookings & upgrades poor value for money but as a check I looked at booking a premium return and upgrading the return trip to business. Weirdly the BA site quoted £1450 + 30K avios!

Can anyone explain why this is the case?

PS: another anomaly which I wasn’t aware of. Part pay with avios is available for the PE return but not available for the mixed PE/C return flight. Why is this?

Bath_VIP
    Participant

It seems that Raffles at HFP has identified a bug in the BA website that explains my issue and how to resolve it. Well worth reading.

http://www.headforpoints.com/2017/09/14/upgrade-using-avios-club-world/

capetonianm
    Participant

A bug in BA’s website? Surely not? Unheard of.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls