next BA sale ?

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• travelwell
    Participant

noticed vigrin have one, when would the next BA sale would be as I am looking for sept and the flights are way way high at the moment

Bath_VIP
    Participant

I am sure many people have spotted that the next BA sale is under way. However, I’ve spotted a weird anomaly that I hope someone can explain.

I’m looking London to New Orleans in November and Premium Economy returns are £900 or £1280 return if going out premium, return in business. Both are decent value fares.

I am aware that sale fares make avios bookings & upgrades poor value for money but as a check I looked at booking a premium return and upgrading the return trip to business. Weirdly the BA site quoted £1450 + 30K avios!

Can anyone explain why this is the case?

PS: another anomaly which I wasn’t aware of. Part pay with avios is available for the PE return but not available for the mixed PE/C return flight. Why is this?

Bath_VIP
    Participant

It seems that Raffles at HFP has identified a bug in the BA website that explains my issue and how to resolve it. Well worth reading.

Why ba.com’s ‘upgrade using Avios to Club World’ pricing may have ripped you off

capetonianm
    Participant

A bug in BA’s website? Surely not? Unheard of.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls