New Ibiza Sala VIP lounge….but….

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• openfly
    Participant

The new premium lounge has opened, at last, in IBZ airport. Good news for the BA premiums, especially the LCY crowd who don’t even get use of a lounge at the London end…..err no, not quite.
    The company running the new lounge is the standard AENA brand.
    Premiums from other carriers are all welcome, but there seems to be a restriction on BA premiums. Apparently only BA Gold or similar One-World status are permitted to enter and use the facilities. Sorry Silvers or basic Club Europe somebody has decided to refuse you entry….BA or AENA?! Is this the thin end of the wedge….more cutbacks?
    Let’s hope BA Manager Spain can spare some of his budget!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

This was also the case some years back at Malaga flying Swiss. Lounge was only for Senators and even full fare business could not gain entry. A Spanish thing perhaps?

openfly
    Participant

Hi LP…maybe, as you say, it’s a local thing.
    Gorgeous week here in CT!

mkcol74
    Participant

I recall reading about the lounge access on Head for Points

LuganoPirate
    Participant

[quote quote=803528]Hi LP…maybe, as you say, it’s a local thing.
    Gorgeous week here in CT!

[/quote]

I envy you Openfly. Very sunny here in Lugano but freezing cold! -1c now. Brrr.
    I hope CT gets some serious rain soon though. I couldn’t believe how dry the dams are when I passed by last week.

esselle
    Participant

AENA have a very particular way of running their lounges, and charge carriers stupid amounts of money for access.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls