New EasyJet series on UK tv.

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

• openfly
    Participant

Quite an enjoyable start to the series of programmes featuring EasyJet’s pilot training on ITV.
    The last 5 minutes of the rookie pilot alone in the flight-deck with the mandatory cabin crew in the Captains seat was interesting in the chat subject matter. Was he a tits or bum guy etc, etc?!! Definitely not BOAC calibre….!

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

A close friend of mine, ex BA Captain out of LHR, is one of the pilot trainers down there. He started off training Easyjet pilots on Airbus as opposed to the Boeing they were familiar with.

Odd that he didn’t mention the telly programme to me last time we spoke. I’ll need to check it out, see if he’s part of it.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Poshgirl58
    Participant

I also enjoyed the opener last night. I’m probably not the only one on here, of a certain age, who thought “they are so young”. Very amused by Cornelius’s mother asking when he was likely to be promoted to Captain, so that she could see some return on her hefty investment (c£120K).

The cockpit chat was cringe-worthy but it could be the start of the “love interest” thread for the series!

Bath_VIP
    Participant

I chose the wrong job for dating opportunities! That line about “real or fake boobs?” had my mouth hanging open.

I will be watching the next episode.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I was a little concerned at the amount of help the trainees had from the check pilot on what was described as their final check ride before flying passengers.

The atmosphere with the other trainees filming their buddies, whilst standing by the open cockpit door was for me a little too jolly for what basically is meant to be a sign off to take control of an £80 million jet + the lives of nearly 200 passengers…

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I was surprised at the line “what’s important, boobs or arse”? And totally agree with Martyn about the check pilot. He should have kept quiet and judged, and probably failed the pilot.

When I did my check flight, the check pilot, a friend of mine as well, gave no help or advice. I could have been alone. He was totally professional, as he should be, and yes I passed first time.

esselle
    Participant

Interestingly, the link no longer works, and if you search for the programme in itv, it is no longer available.

Have EZY found a way of censoring something that sounds as though it may have been a touch embarrassing?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

People get shocked and ofended by everything these days. I wasn’t shocked, just surprised it was shown. But that’s life. I’ve been asked the same question many times by female friends so it’s not unusual.

openfly
    Participant

I bet the producers, on strict instructions from Easy management, are doing the headless chicken bit to ensure that next mondays programme shows EasyJet pilots in a more professional light!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

re-appeared on You Tube (S1 E1)

esselle
    Participant

I watched it and, hot dates, boobs and arse excepted, actually found it quite interesting, particularly toe rookie girl taking her first solo flight in NZ.

openfly
    Participant

Estelle…agreed!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Another interesting operating procedure, which I know is relevant to all airlines, were the number of airports (or rather approaches) that could not be considered for the live medical emergency, due to it being too complex for the inexperienced F/O to take over in the event of the captain becoming incapacitated once committed to the approach..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls