New British Airways Club World service and White Company bedding

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 102 total)

• Flightlevel
    Participant

It was perhaps the original lie-flat seat ‘though still suits me – I can sleep for as long as I wish and enjoy the J class. BA is good technically.
    Is it my imagination or is crew attitude improved recently? Like Tom says above, most have been good this year, and now Mixed fleet have their pay rise it should get better?

Mscott
    Participant

Hello,

First time poster, long time lurker here.

I’m just curious if I missed the review of the OP?

Apologies if it is there and I have just been unable to find it.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Hello and welcome.

You haven’t missed it – we keep content for the magazine (online and in print) so it will be in our upcoming joint December / January issue.

BT Subscribe

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Is it my imagination or is crew attitude improved recently?

As usual with BA< I’ve had some great crew, some average and some lousy ones this year.

I handed out my first ever Golden Ticket on my last flight for a very good CSM, the flight before saw me dealing with a literal idiot who had no idea about customer service, as in she offered a menu and I said ‘no thanks, I’ll skip the food’ and then she woke me up at 0300 to ask you if I would like to eat – shoe size greater than IQ, I’d guess.

So, no it’s as random as ever 🙂 (at least in my small sample).

capetonianm
    Participant

On my last flights with BA in September, 2 s/h and 2 l/h, in ‘business’, crews willing and friendly but barely competent MF youngsters on both longhaul segments.

rferguson
    Participant

Well hopefully MF will cope with the new service – little birds tell the new CW service will extend to ORD in Jan. As well as LAX.

Swissdiver
    Participant

[quote quote=834828]Well it’s certainly not market-leading in terms of the seat.[/quote]

I strongly disagree with this. I tried many business class seats and this remains one of the best, in my view. And I am not quite small…

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

[quote quote=837349]

Well it’s certainly not market-leading in terms of the seat.

I strongly disagree with this. I tried many business class seats and this remains one of the best, in my view. And I am not quite small…
    [/quote]

Well that will be music to the ears of Waterside. It would be amazing if it was market leading 15 years after it was designed though, wouldn’t it? Although admittedly, there have been some changes….

britishairways_216862099254

britishairways_216868405686

EU_Flyer
    Participant

Ian, I am very sorry to hear about your partner’s health. Anything that increases the stress of travel (like food) must be particularly annoying to you both. Best wishes to you for less stressful travel.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Well that will be music to the ears of Waterside. It would be amazing if it was market leading 15 years after it was designed though, wouldn’t it? Although admittedly, there have been some changes….

Agree, Tom. But looking at the competition, you have the choice to end up in a coffin (Swiss notably), or touching a stranger (Lufty) or stuck (EK)… OK, some screens are larger, but personally I don’t care. So as far as the hard product is concerned, BA still does well.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Aha, Tom shows the pix of one of the Project Dusk prototypes, been a while since I saw one of those.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I find the seat itself very comfortable, but certainly the design, positioning and the antiquated table and dated IFE remains shocking…

rferguson
    Participant

I think the biggest issues with the current seat are:
    – lack of direct aisle access.
    – lack of storage places for personal items.
    – inconsistency of seats. I really like the window seats when travelling solo. They are private. And I prefer seats where I don’t have to place my feet in cubby holes or footwells to sleeo. And I like the two middle seats when travelling with the other half. I’m still a sprightly young thing so stepping over someone when emerging from my seat is not ideal though not an issue either. In fact I prefer to ‘do’ the stepping than to be stepped over. However i’ve witnessed many other passengers struggle getting out which is unacceptable in this day and age. On the other hand the aisle seats have absolutely no privacy. And being sat next to someone you aren’t travelling with in those middle seats – savage.

Will be interesting to see which design BA goes for in 2019. I feel it will be something similar to UA’s Polaris. With most of the other designs there is a loss of seat numbers. With Polaris UA was able to keep the exact same number of seats in the cabin as they did with their previous design due to the incredible space efficiency of the seat – music to BA’s ears. I’ve heard mixed reviews about Polaris though. Has anyone experienced it?

jsn55
    Participant

I am very interested to receive everyone’s comments about “where the bedding comes from”. Who would care? Is this just a hangover from the designer logo craze? If you do care about branded bedding on an airplane, why? I’ve become curious about this since United has shot themselves in the foot over and over with the launch of “Polaris”. Bedding is from Saks Fifth Avenue … the bedding’s OK but the new seats are being installed so slowly that Polaris has become a joke.

FaroFlyer
    Participant

[quote quote=837614]I am very interested to receive everyone’s comments about “where the bedding comes from”. Who would care? Is this just a hangover from the designer logo craze? If you do care about branded bedding on an airplane, why? I’ve become curious about this since United has shot themselves in the foot over and over with the launch of “Polaris”. Bedding is from Saks Fifth Avenue … the bedding’s OK but the new seats are being installed so slowly that Polaris has become a joke.
    [/quote]

I totally agree. Aren’t there more important things in life than a duvet on a plane? We see more or less the same comments again and again, from the same people, about BA CW seats. If you don’t like it don’t buy it. If you do, great.

Maybe I am just old and grumpy.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 102 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls