New Club Europe catering

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)

• openfly
    Participant

@DavidSmith2….CE meal, 50p! Alex Cruz would be horrified if he were to spend as much as 50p on a meal in Club Europe.
    You are so right about the em exit rows. The reasons for flying CE on BA.com are farcical with each of the benefits actually describing economy…except the “empty middle seat” and ” newspapers available on most CE flights” which is a total lie anyway!

SimonS1
    Participant

I would imagine the purpose is two fold. Sauce helps disguise the content, and also helps one to swallow the material. Without sauce it could be a chewy exercise.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Not about BA, but an interesting insight into providing ‘meat’.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/dec/06/supermarket-frozen-chicken-breasts-water

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=814371] @DavidSmith2….CE meal, 50p! Alex Cruz would be horrified if he were to spend as much as 50p on a meal in Club Europe.
    You are so right about the em exit rows. The reasons for flying CE on BA.com are farcical with each of the benefits actually describing economy…except the “empty middle seat” and ” newspapers available on most CE flights” which is a total lie anyway!

[/quote]

I’ve just booked reward tickets for my wife from Manchester on a seasonal BA flight, operated by Citiflyer.

Suffice it to say I didn’t consider booking Club Europe, even when using Avios, as there is no middle seat to be kept free and we’ll eat in the lounges at both ends and carry a bottle of water on to the flight.

The CE proposition is a joke, as a standalone, when you have BAEC status.

dutchyankee
    Participant

On a recent short flight from FRA to WAW operated by LH Cityline, in Business, I recounted to the purser the story one poster put on the forum where on his/her recent BA flight they ran out of Tonic in CE but weren’t allowed to take cans of tonic from the ET carts as those were now BoB and would result in confusion, so the CE passenger went without! When I left my LH flight in WAW, the purser handed me an ‘in case on BA survival kit’ of a mini Sapphire Gin, mini Goldberg Tonic and two mini packs of gummie bears all banded together. I thought it was hilarious and excellent customer relations.

Rudolph
    Participant

First time poster, please be gentle…

Flew CE LHR-BUD on 13.06. at 2.50pm. This was my first flight since the changes to catering were introduced and I was seriously impressed. Service was excellent. Food was too in terms of presentation, taste and portion size.
    I was so shocked that I even took pictures of the food – a very German pre-occupation in recent years I have noticed…

Agree with @chiantikid though that wines are dreadful. Tried both whites on offer and both were unpleasant. Although this was an afternoon flight, a full lunch was served and not afternoon tea.

Was seriously hacked off with a couple opposite. After being asked if they would like to dine, they ordered starter and did not touch it. Then proceeded to order main course and returned this as well untouched. When she proceeded to put her feet/shoes on the seat, I nearly lost it. And they were older than me, so age is no excuse here. Ignorant b******s.

I hate BA for reducing legroom in CE and when I drop to Silver after 3 years of Gold later this year and can’t book row 1 anymore, I will stick with ET cabin instead or use LCC’s.
    So I’m not a blind BA follower, but wanted to say that I really liked this change – so far.

Will fly the return in a few hours. See how that goes…

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Upfrontplease

Welcome to the forum, good to hear your opinions and views, please stick around 🙂

Rudolph
    Participant

Thanks FDOS_UK, have enjoyed reading many informative and funny posts for over 2 years now (thanks dutchyankee for sharing the ‘in case of BA survival kit’ story.) Will keep lurking…

esselle
    Participant

Yesterday evening I experienced BA’s domestic business class for the first time.

I’d flown in to LHR on CX and connected to BA up to MAN.

The CSM was evidently very experienced and, from my vantage point in 1D I was able to watch (and listen to) her and her equally experienced male colleague put their carts together and start the service.

They had managed to serve about half the cabin when the SFO announced that we’d just started our descent.

I’ve never seen two crew members work so hard. They managed (just) to deliver the goods, and were happy and chatty whilst doing so, but how can the genius managers at BA expect them to deliver this kind of service on such a short flight?

Hats off to the two crew members. Nul points to BA.

TominScotland
    Participant

I agree, delivering service to Manchester must be hell!! Being pedantic, BA does not offer a Domestic Business Class product, it is the same as you would have received on the almost exactly the same distance from Heathrow to Amsterdam.

esselle
    Participant

By domestic I meant to infer the trip was within the UK.

And that’s the issue; 35 minutes in the air gives an effective service time of 20-25 minutes to deliver the same as would be the case on, say, a nearly 3 hour hop down to AGP.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=858564]I agree, delivering service to Manchester must be hell!! Being pedantic, BA does not offer a Domestic Business Class product, it is the same as you would have received on the almost exactly the same distance from Heathrow to Amsterdam.[/quote]

LHR-AMS = 231 miles
    LHR-MAN = 151 miles

80 miles difference or 53% further.

This pedantry is hell 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls