New British Airways uniforms to celebrate centenary?

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

There is speculation that BA is to launch a new set of uniforms to co-incide with the airline’s centenary year in 2019. Indeed cabin crew blogs are stating that British fashion house Burberry has been chosen to design the new uniforms, although we stress this has not been confirmed.

What are your thought on what design the uniforms should adopt? Attached are a few images of the current uniforms…

PS. For those questioning whether BA is actually 100 years old next year, the carrier traces its history back to August 1919, when “Aircraft Transport and Travel Limited, a forerunner company of today’s British Airways launched the world’s first daily international scheduled air service, between London and Paris”.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/about-ba/history-and-heritage/explore-our-past

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

britishairways_216861837131860

Then and now last time… will be interesting to see what they come up with.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I find it interesting airlines appear to more interested in their outer appearance than investing within the customer experience. Ask a 1,000 passengers where they wish to see investment to celebrate 100 years in business & I doubt more than a handful would consider new uniforms.

LH’s new logo didn’t go down too well either..

So how else could BA celebrate their 100 years… now there’s an idea for a thread… (but would BA actually read it)…

AisleSeatTraveller
    Participant

sure I read that they were investing 400 million in on-board service (maybe not)

FDOS_UK
    Participant

rferguson
    Participant

Rumour has it that the new uniform will be a Burberry design. I stress rumour. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

Simply a case of papering over a chasm as opposed to papering over cracks!!

canucklad
    Participant

Remember the hats fiasco ?

HOLIDAY2016
    Participant

The BA uniform in the then and now picture is the same uniform which was introduced in the 70’s Easy to get pictures from BA museum Waterside

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls