New Amenity kits on Qatar Airways

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• BPP
    Participant

Have just flown QR’s A380, LHR-DOH in J and DOH-BKK in F.

Great seat , great service but the much advertised ‘new’ amenity kits by MONTE VIBIANO are presented in very fancy boxes but the contents are of little value and even less use. Also the contents vary little between First and Business or Male/Female.

Unlike the great ‘Armani’ kits previously offered (and still given on B777 flights) there is no perfume or afer-shave, no pen or note pad or tissues, just some anti-ageing cream (men take note!) together with some cheap flight socks and the obligatory eye shades and ear plugs.

Come on Qatar you can do better on your Flagship aircraft, these are cheap!

BPP

Ah,Mr.Bond
    Participant

You beat me to it.. I have just returned from a QR J class trip,LHR-DOH-SGN/KUL-DOH-LHR.
    I was looking foreward to stocking up on the Armani products which had run out from last years trip.
    My face dropped when was presented with the new offering, on querying, I was advised the Armani aftershave kits were available between DOH and Asia routes,and this new bag was offered on the flagship routes. I did get an Armani one between DOH-SGN, but the new one from KUL-DOH, so no consistency there then. The new ones are generic, the same products are in the ladies one, just a different bag. The chap serving at the bar had great pleasure in telling me the new bag was worth EUR90 [maybe the Brics branded real leather bag may be, but not this which is plastic!]
    All in all, was very disapointed, and for the blokes on board the only real value it has is as a gift.
    If Al Baker is listening….PLEASE change these back soonest!!

esselle
    Participant

I’ve never taken a great deal of notice of the content of amenity kits, although I was a big fan of the D.R. Harris products BA used to offer in their first class bags about 20 years ago.

What did, though, strike me as odd about the “Armani” bags QR used to offer was the huge tube of something which didn’t appear to have any real purpose. Can’t remember for sure, but I think it was after shave balm.

To me, SQ have the better system, whereby they give you socks/eye pads/etc, and then put an ample stock of anything else you are likely to need in the toilet.

MrDarwin
    Participant

I never had a use for the Armani after shave balm, but my Dad absolutely loves them. I’m visiting him now and he was thrilled to receive no less than 9 tubes of the stuff (informing me with a smile that he still had 2 left from previous visits).

I don’t mind the new amenity kit. It has lip balm which is a winner for me, and I bring my own Kiehl’s mini moisturiser so I’m all good on that front. Almost all my travel is long haul so I figure I’ll always look like a painting in the National Portrait Gallery by the time I arrive anyway.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

Just what on earth happens to all of those amenity kits? I’ve taken to declining them. We’ve got more than enough and I could use the shelf space.

TiredOldHack2
    Participant

[quote quote=797584]Just what on earth happens to all of those amenity kits? I’ve taken to declining them. We’ve got more than enough and I could use the shelf space.

[/quote]

I’ve found that the toothbrushes are flimsy and snap if I use them too vigorously when cleaning the hard-to-get crevices on my motorcycles.

I pass them on to the girls in the office, who appear to love them.

Selbyjay
    Participant

I’m not a fan of the amenity kits on the A380. Too hard and dont squish in to a backpack. Much prefer the Armani set.

Philip
    Participant

I agree……the new amenity kits for F or C class come in a nice box, but the contents are not impressive at all!

stevescoots
    Participant

[quote quote=798188]I’m not a fan of the amenity kits on the A380. Too hard and dont squish in to a backpack. Much prefer the Armani set.

[/quote]

I always take mine, except the BA one that reminds me of a school PE bag! i take the aftershave and tooth paste for my own travel bag. toothbrushes are consigned to cleaning on the bike/car/home. bags are given away in the office unless its a new one which goes in my collection. razors when there are some gon in the bin unless its the nice EK disposable ones in which case I use them in my Kit

Cloud-9
    Participant

I use my old BA bags for small items when packing. Whether it be undies, shoes, meds, sun cream, etc etc!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls