My first A380 experience….

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• K1ngston
    Participant

I totally agree with you flightlevel, and even mentioned it to a colleague last week, gone are the days of security at the gate, that should be for more inefficient airports such as KUL!

The fact the bottle neck to get on a plane at the super efficient Changi is at the gate is outdated and needs to be changed …. Something if you go through the new Term4 here is being addressed, which is centralised security before getting into the duty free area and then ability to get on the plane without having to go through the Changi shuffle….

MarkivJ
    Participant

I returned on the BA A380 to SF yesterday and overall, it was enjoyable.

Highs:
    * This was probably the new expansive meal offering – but both meals were plentiful and filling. Plus, I helped myself to the wonderful dulce de leche ice cream and chocolate puddings in between from the kitchen. I had ordered their Asian Veg meal and save for a rather over salty potato curry leaves fry, it was overall quite good (esp the dessert!)
    * Smooth departure, and thanks to tailwind – we arrived in SF one hour earlier than scheduled!

Lows:
    * Cabin crew seemed very pre-occupied. They weren’t rude or anything, but just didn’t seem that engaged
    * The temperature of the plane was HOT! Especially when boarding… it almost felt tropical.

I’ve uploaded photos of the meals here – scroll below the blog entry for photos and description.
    http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/145092/Dusting-off-Goodbye-London-routine-9

MarkivJ
    Participant
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls