More US capacity and frequency cuts for EK I see!

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• MarkivJ
    Participant

From routesonline:

Dubai – Ft. Lauderdale eff 02JUL18 Reduce from 7 to 5 weekly, 2-class 777-200LR operating
    Dubai – Orlando eff 03JUL18 Reduce from 7 to 5 weekly, 777-300ER operating
    Dubai – Seattle 26AUG18 – 30SEP18 2-class 777-200LR replaces 3-class 777-300ER, 1 daily

To think that in 2015-6, Seattle was seeing 2 daily flights! As successful as they’ve been in EU expansion, they’re just not able to show sustained expansion in the US.

capetonianm
    Participant

I would guess that most of their premium high revenue traffic to/from the US is EU originating/destination and that most people will have realised that travelling via DXB is not viable, specially now that airlines like BA are competing on price (which is the the only thing they can compete on.)

EU_Flyer
    Participant

[quote quote=859971]I would guess that most of their premium high revenue traffic to/from the US is EU originating/destination and that most people will have realised that travelling via DXB is not viable, specially now that airlines like BA are competing on price (which is the the only thing they can compete on.)[/quote]

Good point. I wonder what percentage of ME originating premium traffic fly on home carriers (like Qatar, Egyptair, Saudia) to the US (rather than EK for those nor starting in Dubai). Clearly not enough.

MarkivJ
    Participant

I fly BA that departs about 45 mins after EK at SEATAC so I get to see EK passengers boarding . 90% of the EK passenger list are Indian Microsofties or Amazonians, or their visiting parents. EK have ridiculous deals to India, like $900 RT, companion flies free. They probably kept riding on this demographic and now have to face the harsh reality.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls