More ash on the way?

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

TominScotland
    Participant

It has not been widely reported but Keflavik Airport in Iceland, the country’s main international hub, is currently closed because of further volcanic eruptions. Icelandair and Iceland Express have relocated their services elsewhere in Iceland and Icelandair are currently using Glasgow as their hub to and from Iceland, European points and JFK/BOS. For example, they are operating LHR and CDG to GLA services, connecting to onward flights to the US and to Akureyri in northern Iceland. Driving past Glasgow Airport last night was odd – I counted 5 Icelandair aircraft on the apron. This is a really practical attempt to manage a difficult situation and the airline are surely to be commended.

See

http://www.icelandair.co.uk/information/media/newslist/announcement/item430206/FLIGHT_DISRUPTIONS_DUE_TO_VOLCANIC_ACTIVITY_-_More_Here/

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Good – its about time they suffered after all the recent crises – banking and ash!

Well, let then suffer for 48 hours at least ( i know its not very charitable but hey…………..so much suffering has been casued by Iceland recently)

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Martyn,

As I’ve said elsewhere, it’s all down to them changing their name from Bejams IMHO.

Simon

VintageKrug
    Participant

Hmm. I think that one probably sounded better in rehearsal. 😉

SimonRowberry
    Participant

You’re as charming and courteous as ever, Nouveau.

S

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls