More Air France strikes planned for April 10 / April 11

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

Just been reported in France. In addition to the strikes arranged for April 3 / April 7 it’s been announced that more strikes will take place on April 10 / April 11.

https://www.francetvinfo.fr/economie/transports/greve-a-air-france/air-france-l-intersyndicale-annonce-une-nouvelle-greve-les-10-et-11-avril_2685112.html#xtor=CS2-765-%5Bautres%5D-

Pcoltrav1
    Participant

Great – now I understand why my AF return to Dubai on the 11th from LHR was such good value for myself, my wife and son 🙂

I have been told by AF to wait until the 10th to see if the flights are operating on the 11th before they give me the chance to change for free to KLM. I fear that by this time all the alternatives on KLM will be gone – as they are now gone for AF on the alternative days I can travel.

Does anyone know if AF will book us on another airline (even direct from London) if there is no KLM alternative ? Or will they first try to put me on another Skyteam airline ?

Cheers

christopheL
    Participant

Dear polcrav1,
    I’m afraid you misunderstood the AF offering.
    As you are booked on a flight departing on the 11th, you are given the opportunity to change your flight (on both AF and KLM) for any date between the 5th and the 15th of April provided you booked your flight before 2 April.
    You can do it by yourself on http://www.af.com or on the AF app.
    Another direct flight from Paris would mean an EK flight and I’m afraid AF will never offer you this opportunity.But a KLM flight with a short stop in AMS is definitively an opportunity if you want to secure your departure on the 10th.
    Should you want to change your plans you can do it for any date, any destination within the next 12 month.

“If you have a valid Air France ticket, issued on or before 2 April, for a flight operated by Air France or Joon on 10 or 11 April, you can postpone your trip between 5 and 15 April 2018*.
    * We invite you not to rebook on 7 April.
    Save time by changing your booking directly online*, in the “Your reservations” section of the website or in the mobile app. You can change your booking at no extra cost for the same travel cabin.
    You may also choose to postpone your flight to sometime after 15 April 2018, change your country of destination or origin or cancel your trip. In these cases, we will provide you with a voucher that will be valid for 1 year and can be used on AIR FRANCE, KLM or HOP! flights. This voucher will be non-refundable”

You are offered even more options :
    https://www.airfrance.fr/FR/en/common/page_flottante/hp/news-air-traffic-air-france.htm

Swissdiver
    Participant

I have a business meeting in Paris in May. So it is either train or plane… I bet on the latter as a cancellation would at least leave me with a hotel room… We’ll see…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls