Maximising Tier Points To India

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

Traveller73
    Participant

Have been invited to a wedding in Kerala and found some good business class fares with Qatar via Doha. The advantage of this is also earning extra tier points than a direct BA flight to India.140 each way for the lhr Doha leg but then either 40 or 140 depending if you are flying to the east or west side of India.

So far my preferred routing is BA to Dubai (140tp) Qatar Dubai to Doha (40) Doha to Kochi (40) and back again along the same route = 440 TP. Getting us to the wedding and giving us a few days either side to catch up with friends in Dubai and leaving me with only 160 points to renew silver and about 8 months to do that.

Any suggestions to improve on the tier point earning performance?

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ Traveller73 – 02/05/2015 11:57 BST

Was just about to suggest going ex-AMS with a cheapo BA J LGW/AMS return but have compared the fares and why pay another £1K over the ex-LHR fares? You could easily generate another 160TPs for much less than £1K.

EasternPedlar
    Participant

@Traveller73 I would fly Qatar To Doha, then Qatar to Chennai and finally a local flight to Kochi. 4 x 140 TPs = 560 for the journey. And it should be quite well priced as well, given QR’s fares!

Chennai – Kochi is a one hour flight. International and domestic terminals are a short walk from each other in Chennai. Of course there is some suffering involved – a three hour transit on the way out and a seven hour transit on the way back, both in the middle of the night! A day’s sightseeing in Chennai on the way back might ease the pain.

If you decide on this routing, I would fly Indigo on the domestic leg. They are reliable and professional. Remember to reserve first row seats @ ?INR 600 each – well worth it.

Routing via Dubai would get you another 40 TPs each way!

NTarrant
    Participant

DXB to DOH is in F or Y, there is no business class, although they are business class seats! But that will give you 60 instead of 40 per this sector

Traveller73
    Participant

Thanks for all the great advice! Looks like the Chennai option may win out. Thanks again!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls