Max. duration of a UK (or any) passport…

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

Just checking me and the boyz in for a weekend in Europe and was asked to complete passport details for a couple of the team.

The drop down for the validity of the passport (ON BAEC), starts from 2017 and goes up to 2037.

Are 20 year passports issued by the UK or indeed any country..?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

India issues 20 year passports, don’t know about others.

PeterCoultas
    Participant

Not the UK and I don’t think the Irish …would be interesting to have a quick guide…

esselle
    Participant

U.K. passports have a life of 10 years.

capetonianm
    Participant

I seem to recall that my last ZA passport was valid for 8 years but I could be wrong. I was deprived of it by P W Botha’s government!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Maximum validity of a British passport is 10 years and 9 months. The normal validity is ten years but you can apply for a new passport 9 months before your current one expires and this time is added to your new one.

PrakashMehta
    Participant

[quote quote=813013]India issues 20 year passports, don’t know about others.

[/quote]

India issued 20 year passports in the mid 1990s. They now issue only 10 year passports. The older 20 year passports had to be replaced by new 10 year passports latest by 24th November 2015 even if they were valid beyond this date.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls