Malta BA must jack up its service

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• alisterreid
    Participant

Yes. Malta boarding is a joke for Gold paasengers travelling Club. But not as annoying as the constant time changes and the number of days that BA fly to Malta. Hopefully one day they may take Malta seriously, have a daily service at a reasonable time and give a good service. Until then Ryanair and Easyjet rule the roost. But Air Malta and their schedules beat the rest of them. Just a pity that the Maltese cannot run an airline and make any money!

openfly
    Participant

Alister +1

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

SimonS1, I agree with FDOS. I have seen and learned from many of your posts but have never seen you go after a fellow poster like this. Were you or are you having a bad day?

Since the demise of VK and others of his ilk things have been a lot better on this forum. Please do not start taking us back to the bad old days!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Just a pity that the Maltese cannot run an airline and make any money!

With such a small fleet, they lack the economies of scale needed to be profitable; to add to this, they are forced to perform socially important, but costly, activities such as carrying sick kids to GOH for treatment. On one flight I took, we were delayed 3 hours to fit an incubator for a sick child and that type of event has a high cost for the airlines, even though I doubt anyone claimed EC261 compo under the circumstances.

SimonS1
    Participant

[quote quote=822443]SimonS1, I agree with FDOS. I have seen and learned from many of your posts but have never seen you go after a fellow poster like this. Were you or are you having a bad day?

Since the demise of VK and others of his ilk things have been a lot better on this forum. Please do not start taking us back to the bad old days!

[/quote]

No, no, I just found it remarkable that everything imaginable had gone wrong (you had to look at it in combination with his other thread at the same time). Everything. Gatwick is inferior. The Hilton wasn’t fun. Problems with the fast track at Gatwick. The lounges were bad (shame he didn’t know whether he was talking about Gatwick or Malta). Check in lines chaotic. Check in staff incompetent. Problems with priority boarding.

Some people have all the bad luck. But how dare BA treat a bronze card holder (no less) like that.

VK would of course have found some way of presenting this as world class service by BA.

I did in any case resist any temptation to respond to the OP’s bit about “I am Chinese. We have all the luck and manners”. Having just returned from a couple of weeks in Africa let’s just say that curiously the locals didn’t appear to share that sentiment.

Hey ho.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Having read the OP’s posts, I would have to conclude that….

Gatwick is inferior – reasonable comment when comparing the South terminal v T5
    The Hilton wasn’t fun – agreed, not a favourite of mine
    Problems with the fast track at Gatwick – plausible
    The lounges were bad (shame he didn’t know whether he was talking about Gatwick or Malta) – disagree, both are very good
    Check in lines chaotic – plausible
    Check in staff incompetent – not so much incompetent as don’t give a **** (insert prefered 4 letter word)
    Problems with priority boarding – plausible (and not just at Malta)

The post was a bit DKYKWIA/snowflake, but didn’t wind me up, I thought it was ironic/amusing that the OP was expecting exactly the experience in the marketing puffery.

I’m flying back from the middle east today and as GCH had selected a bulkhead seat in WTP, only to be thrown out of it due to an aircraft (sub-fleet) change.

No email, no protection of seat, just left unallocated.

That’s the reality of BA – easyJet have moved me a few times, but seem to be able to reallocate the seat chosen (exit row) on the new aircraft automatically, whilst the supposedly (and laughably) ‘premium’ carrier cannot unravel the Gordian knot of mapping row 18 to 21 – LOL.

On the other hand, I am buying WTP seats at a discount to last year and it is cheap as chips these days – what more can you expect from the world’s 40th ranked airline and its clownish CEO?

Edited to add: As I’m now in the last row of WTP, I’ll make a point of having a good scoff in the First Class lounge at DXB concourse D, since the % of getting my first choice meal will be pretty low and I don’t fancy some indeterminate (and cheap) pasta in a nasty cheese (cheap) sauce.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls