Lugano Restaurants

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Good afternoon

I have some clients going to Lugano so hoping LP might be able to give me insight on a good restuarant to suggest for them. Going at the end of March – Board meeting with 4 people (possibly others making there own arrangements). Staying 2 nights but won’t get there until late the first night?

Thanks LP? in advannce!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Hi Tim, believe it or not there are very few good restaurants in Lugano itself. The good ones are all just outside and usually a short taxi ride away.

Try the following:
    Ristorante Arte – owned by the Hotel Villa Castagnola. Drinks in the bar, usually served by Elio, then a short walk across the road to the rstaurant which is on the lake and offers superb views. About 5 minutes by cab from the centre. It’s not cheap but the food, with an emphasis on sea food is amazing.

Gallo d’Oro in Davesco. +41 91 941 1943 http://www.osteriagallodoro.ch/ A Tuscan restaurant run by Matteo and his wife Lisa. Excellent food, informal but if they feel the need for jackets and ties they won’t feel out of place. Mainly used by locals and local expats. 3 courses with wine (depending on what they choose and how much they drink) expect to pay about chf 120 a head. 10 minutes by taxi and do NOT confuse with Motto dell Gallo or the New Gallo d’oro. This would be my first choice.

Another superb restaurant is Conca Bella in Vacallo near Chiasso. It’s 30 minutes from Lugano by car and a taxi would be expensive. Owned and run by Ruth Monreale the wine cellar is an experience in itself and your clients should ask to have a look if they go. It’s a 2* Michelin equivalent. If they have a car, or are being taken out, go for it.

http://www.concabella.ch/eng/main.php?id=0&sid=0

If you need more let me know but hope that helps. We are regulars at all three!

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

LP – that is brilliant thank you very much for the insight. I shall send through to my clients. They are hiring a car as flying to MXP so they could all be good either driving or in a taxi.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls