Lufthansa's B747-8s will serve two new destinations

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

I know that many of you remain fans of the B747 and especially the new B747-8.

So I thought I ought to let you know that Lufthansa will be operating the B747-8 to both Dubai and Seattle in the coming months.

Unfortunately though the B747-8 will only be deployed on these routes for a limited time.

Airline Route today reports that Lufthansa’s B747-8 will operate Frankfurt-Dubai from October 16 to October 28. The route is currently operated by an A330-300.

Frankfurt-Seoul will get the B747-8 from November 6 to December 30. This route is currently served by one of Lufthansa’s B747-400s.

Of course aircraft type can be changed at short notice but the above information is now displayed on Lufthansa.com

Swissdiver
    Participant

Are they trying to test how the market is receiving the aircraft?

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Possibly, Swissdiver. I am only reporting this as an aircraft schedule change. But I now see that Lufthansa did operate the B747-8 for a limited period a few years ago between Frankfurt and Seoul.

But, as far as I know, the Dubai route is new for the B747-8.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

I suggest Victorville and Mojave as being appropriate destinations for a 1960s design 😉

Swissdiver
    Participant

Well, the B747 upperdeck remains the best place in the sky… You have the privacy the lorry of the air (aka A380) cannot provide with extra space by the window and a great service since it has to be delivered by two stewards.

Flightlevel
    Participant

Both correct its a very old design and 748 can only fly by computer-it suffers from excessive ‘flutter’ without-‘though ofcourse airbuses use computer control too.
    Top deck is a haven from others and pilots generally like the ‘plane,well done to Boeing to market it just when the A380 is not selling.
    No doubt its very profitable when the B787 is not, yet?

MarkivJ
    Participant

Is there a major difference between the 747 and 747-8 in terms of passenger comfort? (Other than the obvious – 748 was built recently which means quieter cabins, etc.). As a Seattler I’m chuffed they’re flying the 748 here.

Swissdiver
    Participant

747-8 is quieter and newer, and slightly longer.

MarkivJ
    Participant

I’m praying for the day they announce Munich – seattle flights too!!

AMcWhirter
    Participant

MarkivJ – Well this morning Routesonline.com reports that Lufthansa’s B747-8 will indeed operate to Seattle but departing Frankfurt rather than Munich.

It will be deployed daily between November 6 and December 30.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Lufthansa has today released the info.

Lufthansa’s 747-8i To See New Destinations And No More Doha

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls